Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Hero 3 FPV

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by extrememc, Feb 24, 2014.

1. extrememc

Hello just got my P2. Previously was flying a 350QX. I purchase a Fatshark Predator and I am wanting to connect my go pro to the transmitter. I know there are many different cable option out there. Which makes it confusing to figure out what I need. Can someone tell what cable I need to connect to transmitter? I also need to know how to power transmitter since the P2 battery doesn't have a balance plug. Youtube video on this would be great.

Thanks for your help in advance!

2. Muddie

There is a multi-color ribbon cable on the bottom of the P2 that will supply power/video/audio to your video transmitter. How you connect it or whether there is a pre-made cable available depends on what transmitter you are going to use.

Also, are you using the H3-2D gimbal?

3. extrememc

Yes I have the gimbal and I purchased the Fatshark Predator kit from ATL hobby. I notice the ribbon. I seen video that show replace ribbon with premade cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Central Pa Flyer

DJI came out with a FPV hub that everything plugs into no splicing or soldering, empirerc.com sells it, for $15-$20 comes with an assortment of cables, all about 3"

5. Central Pa Flyer

This is a screen shot of the DJI press release

Attached Files:

6. extrememc

7. Muddie

It *looks* like the Predator kit includes the FatShark 250mw video transmitter. Probably the easiest thing to do is splice/solder the ribbon cable on the P2 and the cables that come with the video transmitter. Reference the following thread: http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5697 as it contains a diagram of how the two cables should be connected.

Hope that helps!

8. OI Photography

9. extrememc