Here we go again..BBC reports drone crash into castle

In other nationwide news tonight: Little Timmy kicked his soccer ball through the neighbor's window. Police were dispatched to investigate but they have yet to decide if the boy will be charged with a crime. They said it highlights the dangers of playing with balls in crowded areas.

The neighbor, Mr. Jones, was very upset about the damage to his window pane. He went on to say that as soon as he heard Timmy kicking the soccer ball outside, he immediately knew Timmy was deliberately trying break his windows. Timmy insists he was just playing and he lost control of the ball.

This story proves that balls are evil and must be banned from use in all but the most remote of places, like Antarctica. Or the Sahara desert.

In other nationwide news tonight: Little Timmy kicked his soccer ball through the neighbor's window. Police were dispatched to investigate but they have yet to decide if the boy will be charged with a crime. They said it highlights the dangers of playing with balls in crowded areas.

The neighbor, Mr. Jones, was very upset about the damage to his window pane. He went on to say that as soon as he heard Timmy kicking the soccer ball outside, he immediately knew Timmy was deliberately trying break his windows. Timmy insists he was just playing and he lost control of the ball.

This story proves that balls are evil and must be banned from use in all but the most remote of places, like Antarctica. Or the Sahara desert.
my point exactly, DRONE and CRASH....top news headlines, for the moment at least.

Excellent observation, Ian.

That darn Timmy gets into trouble a lot!

timmy_zps1faxtnzt.jpg

Wow, what a completely relevant analogy.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I'm surprised it made nationwide news but the response from the police was extremely responsible and reflect common sense I think. No fear mongering or overreaction. He basically said to make sure you adhere to any relevant legislations, be familiar with the area you're flying in and take into account people's sensitivities. Sounds pretty darn reasonable to me.

On the other hand, the idiot operator's behavior is inexcusable. Clearly s/he didn't know what s/he was doing and crashed the drone into the monument. I hope they locate the responsible party.

Reactions: J.James
I'm surprised it made nationwide news but the response from the police was extremely responsible and reflect common sense I think. No fear mongering or overreaction. He basically said to make sure you adhere to any relevant legislations, be familiar with the area you're flying in and take into account people's sensitivities. Sounds pretty darn reasonable to me.

On the other hand, the idiot operator's behavior is inexcusable. Clearly s/he didn't know what s/he was doing and crashed the drone into the monument. I hope they locate the responsible party.
Blame the operator? Could have been malfunction. Surely he wouldn't aim to crash right?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Blame the operator? Could have been malfunction. Surely he wouldn't aim to crash right?

Surely in this case and for one main reason: the pilot didn't stick around and take responsibility. I don't care if it's a malfunction and we can definitely argue on that point. My bet would be that malfunction would occur far, far less likely than pilot error. But the fact he didn't stick around is a pretty **** clear indication of guilt. If you made a conscious decision to do something, you must also accept responsibility for it. Risks happen with every activity and we know that for this hobby going in. So yes, most DEFINITELY blame the operator.

Surely in this case and for one main reason: the pilot didn't stick around and take responsibility. I don't care if it's a malfunction and we can definitely argue on that point. My bet would be that malfunction would occur far, far less likely than pilot error. But the fact he didn't stick around is a pretty **** clear indication of guilt. If you made a conscious decision to do something, you must also accept responsibility for it. Risks happen with every activity and we know that for this hobby going in. So yes, most DEFINITELY blame the operator.
Very good possibility either way.

I have a buddy who owns a p2 that crash landed near him at the beach. They never saw the operator and the operator likely never knew where it went. By the time this guy learned where his drone went it was likely all over the news. Like the idiot who drunkenly crashed one on the white house lawn.

Reactions: JBJO

Depends on which side of the bricks he was born.........

...They said it highlights the dangers of playing with balls in crowded areas.

...This story proves that balls are evil and must be banned from use in all but the most remote of places, like Antarctica. Or the Sahara desert.

How about in the shower?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen