Here is all about Failsafe mode

Reaction score
Today I tested the Failsafe mode a few times. I'll leave the description as of how one turns it on and how and when it can be interrupted (and how); I want to just report on how it works:

At first, once it kicks in, it does wait 3 seconds.

Second; it turns it's nose towards you; and starts flying rather quickly towards where you took off (or where your HL location is saved at). This happens at a quite fast; safe speed. It's GREAT!

Third, it stands above where you took off and waits; then starts descending, which does happen rather slower. I suggest that at this point one interrupts the sequence and lands it manually, thus faster.

And that's it!

I have set my remote in a way so that the upper-right key activates Return-to-home if placed in the lowest position - you do it from Naza. Then before flight, I make sure I get only green blinks (more than 6 satellites) and that I do see the 20 short green blinks (saved home location). I also test the home location after take off prior to flying far.

fortmed said:
how did you intiate fail safe. and how did u program home mode. thanks

The home position and heading direction will be automatically recorded after the warm up which is confirmed by rapid 20 GREEN. But you can manually set both CL and HL by:

CL: flip the switch between OFF & CL 4-5 times, again if succeed you will see rapid GREEN.
HL: flip the switch between CL and HL 4-5 times and flip back to OFF, if succeed you will see rapid GREEN.

Then fly more than 10 meter away from the spot and test both CL & HL before flying afar.

Note you can manually set the heading direction for CL and home position for HL in flight too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4