Helpful tip about broadcasting to the world you have a drone.

Reaction score
I recommend not buying backpacks and products that have DRONE and DJI PHANTOM or Drone all over it. Like car stickers or anything that would draw attention to your drone. If you do you will draw in the undesirables and people that will try to rob you or report you to the authorities. There are still many of people in america that think drones are UFOS and don't know how to act and either want to throw things at it or report you out of spite.

Just a helpful tip from one Pilot to another.

Last edited:
Gonna have to disagree with you. There is nothing wrong about showing off your interests. The longer folks go uneducated the longer it's seen as a bad thing. Having a conversation starter is a great way to get folks to engage about the hobby as well as showing that we're not lurking around to peek in their windows. I don't consider myself a "fanboy noob" because I have stickers and shirts. The thinking part should come from where and when you fly and not overreacting when someone comes up to you. Even if they're argumentative remember no one can argue by themselves......except some of us who have that little voice inside.

Just my $0.02

I only have circa 12mins flight time, I doubt bumping into The White House is high on my list of concerns...

Gonna have to disagree with you. There is nothing wrong about showing off your interests. The longer folks go uneducated the longer it's seen as a bad thing. Having a conversation starter is a great way to get folks to engage about the hobby as well as showing that we're not lurking around to peek in their windows. I don't consider myself a "fanboy noob" because I have stickers and shirts. The thinking part should come from where and when you fly and not overreacting when someone comes up to you. Even if they're argumentative remember no one can argue by themselves......except some of us who have that little voice inside.

Just my $0.02
Oh I agree with education the masses I do it all the time, when I am flying people are bound to come up to you to ask, which is fine. I just prefer not to have a stick on my car that says hey look I have a drone and such. Its just right now its kind of the "wild west of drones" so there is lot problems with having the latest and greatest. The other day my friend was flying his drone and had to land it, someone ran up and grabbed his drone from the ground and ran off with it. I am just saying. If you really want to protect your investment think about the the little details.

My $0.03

I only have circa 12mins flight time, I doubt bumping into The White House is high on my list of concerns...
Thats how it all starts.

Oh I agree with education the masses I do it all the time, when I am flying people are bound to come up to you to ask, which is fine. I just prefer not to have a stick on my car that says hey look I have a drone and such. Its just right now its kind of the "wild west of drones" so there is lot problems with having the latest and greatest. The other day my friend was flying his drone and had to land it, someone ran up and grabbed his drone from the ground and ran off with it. I am just saying. If you really want to protect your investment think about the the little details.

My $0.03
That's why I carry when flying. I'd give them about three steps to stop or they get dropped and it's all within the law. Feelin' lucky?

That's why I carry when flying. I'd give them about three steps to stop or they get dropped and it's all within the law. Feelin' lucky?
hahaha I hope you never have to use your 45 ;) you be on the news for sure. lol

I don't understand what you mean...
the guy that crash in to the white house a few months back, he said that he was preoccupied with the battery life and didn't notice his drone was headed for trouble.

My $0.03

I don't disagree about being smart. The issue I have is the blanket statement about not ever wearing clothing, buying gear with logos, or car decals. I've heard the argument made for everything from stereo equipment to firearms. Rarely does it encourage folks to target specific vehicles or individuals. By encouraging extreme paranoia or saying those who choose to show their stuff are anything other than enthusiasts does a disservice. Yes be smart. Yes think about your activities, but enjoy it at the same time. I think everyone can cite an incident where something bad has happened, but it's not as common as social media and the press would like us to believe. As for the White House Guy, another example of cranial rectal inversion.

Ultimately I appreciate the ability to discuss these topics without people catching feelings.

the guy that crash in to the white house a few months back, he said that he was preoccupied with the battery life and didn't notice his drone was headed for trouble.

I will let you do the math.

3500miles, 12 mins of flying time per battery.

How many batteries/charges will I need to bump into The White House?

Phantom 1.1.1 on standard props, if that helps :p

Reactions: IflyinWY
I don't disagree about being smart. The issue I have is the blanket statement about not ever wearing clothing, buying gear with logos, or car decals. I've heard the argument made for everything from stereo equipment to firearms. Rarely does it encourage folks to target specific vehicles or individuals. By encouraging extreme paranoia or saying those who choose to show their stuff are anything other than enthusiasts does a disservice. Yes be smart. Yes think about your activities, but enjoy it at the same time. I think everyone can cite an incident where something bad has happened, but it's not as common as social media and the press would like us to believe. As for the White House Guy, another example of cranial rectal inversion.

Ultimately I appreciate the ability to discuss these topics without people catching feelings.
No I feel it's great discussion and should never be trolled. I fly for companies and for different events. Unfortunately FFA regulations making flying publicly besides "hobbies" a almost complete nono so for the most of us that make a living flying drones, we have to stay incognito.

I will let you do the math.

3500miles, 12 mins of flying time per battery.

How many batteries/charges will I need to bump into The White House?

Phantom 1.1.1 on standard props, if that helps :p
Come on... lol that is such a dry joke. The guy was standing in front of the white house at the time.

Reactions: claws
I recommend not buying backpacks and products that have DRONE and DJI PHANTOM blah blah blah all over it. Like car stickers or anything that would draw attention to your drone. Dont be that fan boy noob that doesn't think. If you do you will draw in the undesirables and people that will try to rob you or report you to the authorities. There are still many of people in america that think drones are UFOS and don't know how to act and either want to throw things at it or report you out of spite.

Also dont fly your drone all over the place like a 6 year old kid and crash in to the White House like that noob on channel 6..... Please there is some of use that would like to keep our freedom.

Just a helpful tip from one Pilot to another.
This is one of the most useless posts I have seen

Thats how it all starts.

I think what he meant by that, is that he can't REACH the White House in a 12 minute flight. I couldn't get there with 12 hours of flight time, not even with 112 hours of flight time, so it's definitely not on my list of concerns, not to mention that I doubt my P2 would handle the winds between Australia and America

Reactions: claws
No I feel it's great discussion and should never be trolled. I fly for companies and for different events. Unfortunately FFA regulations making flying publicly besides "hobbies" a almost complete nono so for the most of us that make a living flying drones, we have to stay incognito.
Fly for a living and want to stay incognito huh o_O
Wouldn't want a sticker on my truck ether ;)
Welcome to the forum EnronCEO

The case I bought from DroneFly has huge lettering on the side with their name. Sometimes I carry it with the lettering facing my body to avoid obvious detection.

I might add that I do wear clothing when flying, that draws attention to myself.
I have Hi-Vis reflective vests with "Certitifed RPAS Pilot" and "Ground Crew" on them for myself and my Spotter.

It gives an air of authority that along with some cones to mark out 30m around the safe take off and landing site, means no one ever comes up aggressively, as they assume you to be professional (I am).
Even authorities that get sent by members of the paranoid public, are going to come up to you with a seriously different and MUCH MORE ACCEPTING attitude straight away. Very unlikely to be on the attack. It's a bit like the tactic of "hiding in plain sight"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.