HELP!

Reaction score
I was flying around and i accidentally flew the phantom into a ditch. I immediately got it out and dried it as best i can. Now i have 2 problems.
1) the smart battery has some pink droplets on it (only a few) but still works fine. Is this battery acid?
2) I tried restarting the phantom to see if everything worked. 2 red LEDs in the back went solid, but motors still worked, though one motor spun weird and spazzed out. Then after trying to fix the problem, there were 4 solid LEDs and the rotors would not spin.
Is my phantom broken for good, or can i fix it?

Please do some reading on lipo style batteries as they can be very dangerous and are fire hazards, especially if damaged such as in a crash. Any punctures or puffing spells trouble and it could be very unstable. Store that battery outside until you get a metal storage container like an old ammo can or a small fireproof safe.

Might i remind, the battery didnt hit anything. It simply got wet and possibly a bit of collateral damage so i seriously doubt its hazardous yet. But can complete submersion in water make the battery unstable and dangerous

TheFaultCraft said:
Might i remind, the battery didnt hit anything. It simply got wet and possibly a bit of collateral damage so i seriously doubt its hazardous yet. But can complete submersion in water make the battery unstable and dangerous

if you suspect at all that battery acid has gotten outside of the cell then you should NOT use the battery. You cannot take chances with a Lipo battery. That said - I don't think dunking the battery in and of itself would make the battery unstable unless the "smart" part of the battery shorted.

as other say... you can fix the Phantom... sounds like you may have fried an ESC. If you're comfortable soldering you can fix yourself. Honestly there are only a couple of really expensive parts to the Phantom and if you've only damaged one of those it will be cheaper to fix than replace... if you have multiple expensive items to replace - then you might consider replacing the Phantom - but I have seen many many stories of people who have recovered their Phantom with only a few replaced parts after properly drying a Phantom that took a swim (in fresh water) - salt water is a very different story

TheFaultCraft said:
though one motor spun weird and spazzed out

That is a novel way of describing an ESC failure. :)

TheFaultCraft said:

All lipo's, new or old, damaged or not damaged are quirky beast. They can show no issues and still have issues. Take a look at this thread - http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34020. ALWAYS use caution when dealing with lipo's... it could save you from burning down your house, which has happened to a few unlucky souls.

TheFaultCraft said:
I was flying around and i accidentally flew the phantom into a ditch.
I have to ask how ?
I've put a RC car into a ditch couple times but never any of my birds . Trees tend to jump out in front of me tho :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj