Help!

Reaction score
I am a relativly new Phantom pilot but have been flying drones for around 5 years. I have loved flying my P3S ever since Christmas, but I recently started having a problem. Whenever I fly over 1000ft I loose signal and do not get it back until I have restarted the aircraft. I have recallibrated every sensor in the aircraft and am flying in the middle of a field. I have no metal around me and before this problem started occuring, I could fly over 7,000ft away and have no difficulties except for a little lag in the screen. I am 100% open to suggestions because otherwise I will have to return it
sad.gif

Thanks,
Phantom Pilot

Did you update firmware that could be the problem or a loose antenna on your controller

Sooooo, my firmware is up to date and if I open up my controller I void my warranty, so I am not quite sure what to do. :(

I am a relativly new Phantom pilot but have been flying drones for around 5 years. I have loved flying my P3S ever since Christmas, but I recently started having a problem. Whenever I fly over 1000ft I loose signal and do not get it back until I have restarted the aircraft. I have recallibrated every sensor in the aircraft and am flying in the middle of a field. I have no metal around me and before this problem started occuring, I could fly over 7,000ft away and have no difficulties except for a little lag in the screen. I am 100% open to suggestions because otherwise I will have to return it
sad.gif

Thanks,
Phantom Pilot
Over 2km that good for no mods,,if you want to keep no loss of signal you got to do some serious mods to rc so you not lose wifi signal,,has it done few flights or new,bit of lag in screen could be sd card or just bad channel interference. P3s only has factory range of 1km.some good some real bad .there was some inaccurate numbers going around on dji bit of a glitch ,,gosh I flew 1700 odd mtrs straight up but never did,my flight says I did.:)

So first, thanks for all of your input! So I was able to fly 7000ft away with no modification, but my problem now is that I can't fly over 1000ft without loosing FULL remote signal, and I only get my signal back when it is about 50ft away :(

Seems like all of us with a P3S are suffering the same fate. My situation is exactly the same. Hopefully my DBS will arrive this coming week, then I can see if it improves my range. If not, I'll have a beautiful paper weight for the office.
Enjoy the PS3... There is not drone out there at the current price range that can have same features as this drone. Mine do 150 meters of range. It is short but for what I do is more than enough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan