HELP

Reaction score
AFTER TAKING OFF, ABOUT 1-2 MINS INTO FLIGHT I GET A STRONG INTERFERENCE WARNING. PHANTOM STILL FLIES NORMALLY. BUT IF I LAND AND TRY TO TAKE OFF AGAIN IT WILL NOT LET ME. MY MENU SCREEN POPS UP AND SHOWS COMPASS ERROR. ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM? OH YEAH THIS DID NOT HAPPEN UNTIL MY LATEST FIRMWARE UPDATE

And did you do a IMU calibration after the flashing firmware op?

First, turn off caps lock. All caps constitutes shouting.
Do a compass calibration away from any metal. Also avoid being near concrete as that tends to have rebar in them.
If you had accurate compass calibration but tried taking off near metal, you'll get the compass error but usually clears up once you move it away from metal.
Two places I came across this error but cleared after moving away:
Floor of building where I work
On top of my desktop PC

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

First, turn off caps lock. All caps constitutes shouting.
Do a compass calibration away from any metal. Also avoid being near concrete as that tends to have rebar in them.
If you had accurate compass calibration but tried taking off near metal, you'll get the compass error but usually clears up once you move it away from metal.
Two places I came across this error but cleared after moving away:
Floor of building where I work
On top of my desktop PC

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app
tried that. at the the end of calibration process i get a message saying something to the affect of calibration not successful and the the option to retry or cancel. retried several times with same result

Are you sure it's not prompting for another FW update? I also had the same problem, as many did, but there were back to back updates and after I did the second one I haven't had it since (along with an IMU calibration).

Jeff

BUT IF I LAND AND TRY TO TAKE OFF AGAIN IT WILL NOT LET ME. MY MENU SCREEN POPS UP AND SHOWS COMPASS ERROR.
The obvious thing the check is where is your Phantom and what magnetic influences are nearby.
If you put the Phantom on a manhole cover or a car roof, it will give you that message.
Move the Phantom clear of the magnetic influence and error condition is gone.
Reinforced concrete surfaces are the most common source of that error because people often don't realise that it's half steel.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Are you sure it's not prompting for another FW update? I also had the same problem, as many did, but there were back to back updates and after I did the second one I haven't had it since (along with an IMU calibration).

Jeff
i am not 100% sure about that but i will check right now. thank you

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1