Help Yaw switch and gimbal pitch knob

Reaction score
Hi guys
My question is ....I have seen a few mods for the DJI Phantom 2's transmitter to add a yaw switch and a gimbal pitch knob to the transmitter. Will this mod work on a DJI Phantom FC40. I have seen a few nice gimbals for the FC40 and was wondering A) if the top mods can be done on a phantom 1 and B) are they worth doing.

your advice is great fully welcomed

Yes, and probably yes. The gimbal pitch control is available from the Naza on the F2 output.
You can hook that up to most gimbals.

Welcome to the party foobee82. What part of the planet are you flying around?

I've done the gimbal pitch control mod. It works just fine on a $70 cheap Chinese gimbal.
For me it was worth the effort doing the mod. I would recommend it.

The Yaw thing I haven't done.

Hi iflyinwy I'm located south east England. I have only been flying for about 2 weeks I can't put the phantom down but I'm sure you have a phantom fever forum on here somewhere to which this post would probably best fit lol.....

Thank you so far with your answers

I'm definitely going to be moding the gimbal

Has anyone attempted the slow and fast yaw mod on the phantom one transmitter I just need confirmation

Thanks again

Yes, the videos for converting a Phantom 2 controller apply to my FC40 also.

$6 of Radio Shack 5k linear potentiometer and a knob. You can put ink dots at favored tilts to easily go back to them.

Attachments

• FC40 with Repeater (6) (Large).jpg
    FC40 with Repeater (6) (Large).jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 554
Well I have decided to go ahead with the mods and also I will be upgrading my stock antenna to a 5.8ghz 5db RP sma antenna.
All the parts have been purchased so for now I must be patient but once done I will post some pics and let you know how it goes

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj