Help with wooded areas

Reaction score
This summer I would like to fly up North on my land. Problem is there are a lot of trees. I plan on flying over them, but I'm worried about signal interruption. Anyone have any ideas for me?

With the Litchi app, you can easily set up a pre-programed flight, send it on its mission and if you lose connection, it'll continue the mission and then go into RTH mode.

You will have problems in the trees. Distance will be easily halved. You can mitigate this with an antenna mod such as a windsurfer (look it up - cheap, DIY) or the FPVLR mods (FPVLR.com) or the DBS (?) antenna mods. Search around here, you will find lots of pros and cons.

High points can help. Oft times forested areas are not flat and that can create problems or be advantageous, depending on how you look at it. Just watch your RTH height. It's impossible to tell tree height from the ground unless you want to re investigate your high school trigonometry. Easy way is to fly up to the highest tree in the area, get that as a reference height).

Watch your RTH height closely. If you stay above the trees and you lose contact, you should be fine. The Phantom won't drop altitude on RTH. But if you descend behind a hill or obstruction, you need to keep terrain adjustments in mind.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl