help with video settings

Reaction score
on my ipad go app there is video settings for 1920x1080 (50) 1920x1080 (48) 1920x1080 (25) 1920x1080 (24) whats the difference in the small number and when would you use them ?. which one is the best for normal day time use. thanks steve.

if you change from pal to ntsc you can film in 60fps which is what i use 24 is for more cinematic look.

The small numbers indicate frames per second, i.e. the rate at which the video is recorded.
NTSC is the standard used in America, whereas the UK uses PAL. The normal frame rate for PAL is 25......50 is useful if you want to slow things down in editing for slow motion shots.

on my ipad go app there is video settings for 1920x1080 (50) 1920x1080 (48) 1920x1080 (25) 1920x1080 (24) whats the difference in the small number and when would you use them ?. which one is the best for normal day time use. thanks steve.
The number in the parenthesis is the frame rate. It's the number of frames captured per second->FPS

There isn't a right or wrong value to use. It is dependent on the end result that you want. Traditionally, films in cinema used 24fps, and for TV, 30fps. Usually the general rule is that for whatever frame rate you use, your shutter has to be double that(180° rule).

So if you choose to go for the cinematic look and feel, you
U should choose the 24fps option and select a shutter speed of 1/50s. 1/48s is preferred but we don't have that so 1/50s is the closest. The problem with this is that usually the ambient light is just too harsh. Selecting such a slow shutter speed will result in your video being grossly overexposed.

This is where ND filters come into play. Different ND filters cut down on the intensity of light reaching your sensor, allowing you to use the selected shutter speed.

If you don't care about all these stuff and just wanna make normal videos, then just select any FPS and let the app decide on the automatic shutter speed.

The number in the parenthesis is the frame rate. It's the number of frames captured per second->FPS

There isn't a right or wrong value to use. It is dependent on the end result that you want. Traditionally, films in cinema used 24fps, and for TV, 30fps. Usually the general rule is that for whatever frame rate you use, your shutter has to be double that(180° rule).

So if you choose to go for the cinematic look and feel, you
U should choose the 24fps option and select a shutter speed of 1/50s. 1/48s is preferred but we don't have that so 1/50s is the closest. The problem with this is that usually the ambient light is just too harsh. Selecting such a slow shutter speed will result in your video being grossly overexposed.

This is where ND filters come into play. Different ND filters cut down on the intensity of light reaching your sensor, allowing you to use the selected shutter speed.

If you don't care about all these stuff and just wanna make normal videos, then just select any FPS and let the app decide on the automatic shutter speed.
cheers, some good info there. just need to find out if NTSC recordings will play on my ipad mini and surface pro 3.

cheers, some good info there. just need to find out if NTSC recordings will play on my ipad mini and surface pro 3.
they will steve! try recording in different frame rates the same location i.e a stretch of beach or particular field etc for say 3 minutes each, take a note of which section of filming you recorded at whatever frame rate, then watch it back and see what you like the best!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20