Help with this photo

Reaction score
Hey all,

Noticed my picture I took today although all are not like this, it's out of focus or maybe fuzzy in the centre. I've taken a similar group photo before but this one seems really bad :(

Any tips for me to get better results?

Cheers
full

Last edited:
You need to post the photo so we can see it to help you.

Does look fuzzy, but need some more info. What were your camera settings, ISO, shutter speed, etc. were you shooting in auto or manual mode? The ghosting you see around faces, etc.clooks like shutter blur - shutter speed too long.

Last edited:
I think I had it on HDR at this point but really not sure what setting I had it other than that, if I look in the app now will it tell me the settings I was using?

Looks to me like motion blur. There's a bit of ghosting around the people as if they moved during a long shutter speed. But I agree with Richard. Knowing the specific camera settings would help.

I think I had it on HDR at this point but really not sure what setting I had it other than that, if I look in the app now will it tell me the settings I was using?
I downloaded the photo and looked at the EXIF data. Your shutter speed was only 1/25th of a second, which is too slow for a moving drone to get a sharp image, especially of people that close. Your ISO was 160. I'm guessing it was a little cloudy or overcast rather than sunny. Bump the ISO up to 400 in a situation like that to get a higher shutter speed.

Yeah was cloudy by the time we got there, missed the blue sky unfortunately:) thanks for the tips gents really helps me out, if I'm set to auto however shouldn't this just automatically set the best settings for that situation or no?

Sorry I'm still fairly new to aerial photography and drone flying for that matter :)

Auto will adjust the shutter speed to give you 'proper exposure' based on the ambient light and ISO you set. It doesn't 'think' about whether or not the speed is appropriate.

If you were using the built-in HDR function, it takes a couple of images at different settings and blends them to come up with a composite image.
You may have got away with an ordinary image at this slow shutter speed (or it might have looked a bit soft) but the HDR function is the main reason for the ghosting in this pic.
The built-in HDR feature isn't very good and you will always get better HDR images by using the AEB function and blending the images in dedicated HDR software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers