Help with the Tx

Reaction score
Need some help, please.
The software assistant does not see my imput on the transmiter. Also, when I turn on the Phantom, the lights are a constant blinking yellow, another indication that the transmiter is not putting out a signal.

Any help will be appriceated.

Thanks
Chuck

First check the TX battery but normally when the TX battery is lower than 4 volts, you will hear the BEEP.
Flashing yellow means the communication is lost between the TX and RX, so you may have to remove the shell and re-bind the TX to the RX.

Section A3 from the Advance Manual:

1. Please remove the housing by referring to the section of A8 Maintenance -> Remove the
Housing.
2. Locate the receiver module according to the following figure.
3. After powering on the aircraft and the transmitter, if the LED indicator of the receiver on the control
board is lit solid red, this means the receiver currently has no connection with any transmitter.
4. Press down the link button for more than two seconds until the LED indicator blinks, then release the
button. 
5. Push the throttle stick to the lowest position and turn on the transmitter. Then if the LED indicator of
the receiver turns off, the link between the transmitter and the receiver has succeeded. (Linking
operation can be done only when the LED indicator of the transmitter changes to blinking red .)

Thank you so much for that info. I will try it tomorrow and post the results. Fyi, this all seem to happen when I downloaded the latest firmware, so I am not sure if that had anything to do with it. Hope to post the good results.

Chuck

Well, I went into the Phantom with everything turned on and the red light on the receiver was not on, which according to the instructions, means that it is getting a signal. But the yellow lights keep constantly flashing. There does not seem to be any output from the transmitter and it does not show up on the Assistant.

I see where a lot of other guys are having trouble with 3.16.

If you have any other ideas, they would be most welcomed.

Chuck

You may want to go back to the 3.14 and see what happens.
I have yet to upgrade especially when it's new (less than 3 months).
I heard a lot of trouble with the 3.16.

Chuck,

If you still have the shell off, you might try to "re bind" the transmitter with the receiver. The receiver has a LED with a small black push button next to it. With Phantom and transmitter on, push the button until the light on the receiver comes on.

bumper

Firestat said:
Need some help, please.
The software assistant does not see my imput on the transmiter. Also, when I turn on the Phantom, the lights are a constant blinking yellow, another indication that the transmiter is not putting out a signal.

Any help will be appriceated.

Thanks
Chuck

After upgrading to 3.16 did you load the Phantom default params file for 3.16?

For some reason, the radio type reverts to D-BUS after you upgrade to 3.16. The stock Phantom TX is PPM. Check that radio type is PPM.

That was exactly what I needed. Thanks to napscape for the info! Ended an hour of frustration for me this morning!

You guys are fabulous! I changed the radio type to PPM, and it flys just fine. But I developed another problem. The motors are reversed and I had to mount the blades just the opposit they way they should be to fly. How do I reverse the motor direction?

Still, hanging, but much happier

Chuck.

Can you say Bonehead Newbie?. I had the props on wrong.
Thanks to all for your imput. Looks like we might have help some others. DJI probably needs to be a little clearer on there updates.

Thanks, Chuck.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl