Help with the newest firmware update!

Reaction score
So I haven't flown my P4P in a while but I wanted to check that it was up to date before I go up north tomorrow.

I ran the latest update. The current versions are:
Drone Firmware 01.04.0602
RC 01.04.01.00
DJIGo app 4.1.0​

It's giving me a load of trouble about No Fly Zones and won't let me take off...I live within a few miles of a small municipal airport (I have the airport manager's direct phone number and I let them know before I go out flying) I found out how to "unlock" the no fly zone in my town through dji's website. I unlocked it just to test it out and it still won't let me take off! I double checked that I have it unlocked but it still is giving me trouble!

I'm not the smartest when it comes to all this technical stuff. What firmware version should my drone, RC, and app be on so that I don't have to deal with this no fly zone garbage? (and potentially the other problems people are having if I can even get my drone in the air) I've gotten as far as installing DJI Assistant 2. I haven't donwgraded my drone to anything because I don't want to mess it up any more than it already is.

It's incredibly frustrating to have spent close to $2,000 on this drone and I can't even use it!

I'm going up north tomorrow and I just really don't want to lose my drone over a lake or the extremely dense forest!

The newest FW 1.04.xx.xx has been reported as problematic by some, others are satisfied. Personally I have returned to a prior version.

Here are the numbers after downgrading with a DJI Assistant.

6abee2f49187a064add2852ea5cef169.jpg

If you keep the RC at 1.04 you should be okay with the AC being 1.03

Check for conflicts with the batteries following FW changes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl