Help with Tarot 2d Gimbal wiring

Reaction score
I am in need of some help with how to wire the tarot 2d gimbal to my phantom v1.1. I have the gimbal set up and it is now ready to be wired into the phantom. if there are any good videos or other instructions on how to wire it to the naza using the red and white and black spiraled cords that would be appreciated. Also I am not understanding how I should connect the black and red cords which come off the gimbal and how they connect to to the Phantom .

Did you get your gimbal working? I agree that the link provided is the best for setting up the gimbal. Something I learned in the process of setting up mine.

At first when I wired it up and then powered up the craft I had nothing working on the gimbal. Went through the wiring and made sure it was hooked up right. Still nothing. Next I replaced the control wire for the gimbal, still nothing. Then I remembered (about 30 minutes later) that the gimbal control in the NAZA assistant is defaulted to the off position. went into NAZA assistant and turned on the gimbal part and ureka it worked. Just don't want you to make the same mistake I did.

Chris

I am not understanding the 2 red and black wires that come standard on the Tarot gimbal and how they attach to the phantom!!

I would like to make a connection that is separate for the gimbal yet still drawing off the same battery.
#1. what do i need for a connection wire to do that ?

I have to admit i am a newbie to this sort of stuff. I would like to try to power the gimbal with the same battery but i am unsure and nervous to start messing with wire connections in my phantom with out being 100% sure of what i am doing. what would i need to do to make this happen and what cord would i need to purchase if any.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• mms_picture.jpg
    mms_picture.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 652
fessette48 said:
I am not understanding the 2 red and black wires that come standard on the Tarot gimbal and how they attach to the phantom!!

I would like to make a connection that is separate for the gimbal yet still drawing off the same battery.
#1. what do i need for a connection wire to do that ?

I have to admit i am a newbie to this sort of stuff. I would like to try to power the gimbal with the same battery but i am unsure and nervous to start messing with wire connections in my phantom with out being 100% sure of what i am doing. what would i need to do to make this happen and what cord would i need to purchase if any.

Thanks for your help

That red and black wire is definitely the power for the gimbal. There is a power and ground wire that is at the body of the phantom by one of the legs you should just be able to see. If you pull that wire out a little not a lot but about 2 inches, you can solder a JST (small) connector on that and the other connector that plugs into it on the 2 wires from the gimbal. Hit your local hardware store for this.

Also if you have not already, you will want to get longer landing legs. I actually got mine off ebay for about $20.

Also when you do fire up the phantom with the gimbal make sure the gopro is attached so you don't damage the gimbal, and make sure it is on a level surface so the gimbal is level.

If able you might like to put a small toggle switch in line with the power wire from the body so you can turn on and off the power to gimbal without having to unplug it. (you will have to have gimbal powered down for compass calibration).

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions

Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.