Help with SD card issue/firmware

Reaction score
Hi there flyers, first post, I have a possibly very dumb question driving me crazy.

Want to update my firmware, I think I understand the whole process but can't get past "copy the .bin file to your SD card." The card will not accept or read the bin file, a 'no go' symbol comes up and it won't transfer.

I am on Mac, have flown and used the SD card many times. I formatted the SD card in my quad, downloaded the firmware zip file from DJI, open that and see the .bin file.

But when I try to copy or drag the .bin file onto the formatted SD card (in fat32), it won't accept it so I can't even get started.

I've read and watched videos of people casually dragging the .bin file onto the SD card, but it just won't do it and I don't know why at all.

Thanks for any help, seems like something real simple I'm missing.

And apologies if its been covered, I searched many threads about firmware updates and couldn't find the issue i'm having, seems it's the easiest step in the process. :)

Just checked, adapter is not in the locked position.

It's very odd, same memory card I've used many times. I'm stumped.

I got it, as I thought was something very simple.

I have a multi-card type reader, there is a slot for uploading only and a slot for transferring files apparently, I had no idea.

Cool forum, happy flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik