Help with Samsung Galaxy Tab A - 16gb, 8"

Reaction score
Just ordered and received this tablet to use exclusively for the P3 Advanced. I have the DJI Go and Litchi on the tablet. I cannot get either one of the apps to connect to the P3.

RC is connected. Get little beep when I plug USB cable into tablet, but nothing when I open app and go to camera. Says not connected.

Any help would be appreciated.

I had the same problem with a brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab E. It upgraded to the latest Android version 6.0, didn't work with either app. Then I restored to original factory condition with the older version of Android 5.1.1 and it still didn't work. I contacted DJI and they basically told me that if my tablet wasn't on the approved list they weren't responsible. But, my old tablet which still works is not on the list either. DJI is having problems with their latest upgrade and it does not seem to work on new tablets. They are blaming Android 6.0 but, I think DJI has made some mistake. But, I can't be sure. Either way, if you contact DJI, you can see if they will help you. They do have some options which may work for you and they may have it resolved by now. dji.com I ended up returning mine because I do have a tablet that does work. Good luck. Let us know if you get this resolved. I'm waiting til it is resolved.

I suspect that shooting in UHD (not 4K) and downsample with a high quality encoder will do much better that shooting in 1080p directly.

That is what I do and got really good results. Moreover if you have a UHD display/TV.. The original will look quite amazing.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Whitestar
I have the Tab S2 running Android 6.0.1 and had the similar issue and solved it by changing the USB configuration to RNDIS.

From a Home screen, navigate Apps icon > Settings. If Developer Options is unavailable, navigate: Apps > Settings > About device then tap Build number 7 times. Ensure the Developer options switch (located in the upper-right) is turned on . Tap USB debugging to turn on or off .

In developer mode, in USB configuration select RNDIS. The default is MTP so you will need to change it to RNDIS everytime you connect your USB cable to the tablet.

Not sure if this will solve your problem or not but worth a try.

Last edited:
I also have a Tab A. Couple of suggestions.
1 The usb cable that came with my phantom didn't make a good connection to the Tab A. I changed it to another cable and it works much better.
2 By suggestion of someone on this forum I changed my start sequence and it makes a big difference. First turn on controller then start the aircraft then turn the tab on.

Hopefully this works for you....

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7-inch Tablet (2016) Model dedicated for my P3P months ago and it has worked since day one without any mods or problems. I just checked and it is running Android Version 5.1.1, and I start everything per DJI sequence. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just ordered and received this tablet to use exclusively for the P3 Advanced. I have the DJI Go and Litchi on the tablet. I cannot get either one of the apps to connect to the P3.

RC is connected. Get little beep when I plug USB cable into tablet, but nothing when I open app and go to camera. Says not connected.

Any help would be appreciated.
I also purchased the same Samsung Tab A for use with my Phantom 3 Professional and downloaded the current version of the DJI GO app. This app installed successfully and linked up with the Phantom right away. When I set up the drone using the official procedures, the Phantom 3 shows up in the Do app and links with the drone right away and I can begin flying.
The only difference I see here is that you have the advanced model and I have the Professional Model but there should not be any difference in how they operate, but who knows?

I am currenty running the latest version of Android which is 6.0.1 but when I got the Samsung, it was running the previous version of Android and it connected with the drone just fine. If you have the latest version of software installed in the drone as well as the Go app, it should work.
Good luck, hope you get it going soon.

I have the Tab S2 running Android 6.0.1 and had the similar issue and solved it by changing the USB configuration to RNDIS.

From a Home screen, navigate Apps icon > Settings. If Developer Options is unavailable, navigate: Apps > Settings > About device then tap Build number 7 times. Ensure the Developer options switch (located in the upper-right) is turned on . Tap USB debugging to turn on or off .

In developer mode, in USB configuration select RNDIS. The default is MTP so you will need to change it to RNDIS everytime you connect your USB cable to the tablet.

Not sure if this will solve your problem or not but worth a try.

I found this method by trial and error as well. But it's a drag to have to start Developer Mode and select RNDIS for a tablet I intended to use as a dedicated device. If only there were a way to save the setting as persistent, or add the RNDIS option as a pull-down (along with the others). I even tried selecting "Use legacy DHCP client" thinking it might revert to the older Android version settings, but no luck.

Short of rooting the tablet and installing an older build version (not even certain you can do this), I'm not sure what to do. It's so dumb. I just want to select RNDIS to run when I connect to this on specific app. You'd think it would be simpler.

This routine is written up in the DJI instructions. Ensure the USB cable from the RC to the tablet is not plugged in. Turn on AC, turn on RC, plug in USB cable from RC to the tablet. The selection window will pop up. Select the App you want. When selected, below and to the right, you will see; "Just once" or "Always", select Just Once. Done. But, you have to unplug the cable each time from my experience. Still a bit of a hassle. I have a new Nvidia Shield K1 running 6.01 also. Same issue but great tablet.

Reactions: NDenham
This routine is written up in the DJI instructions. Ensure the USB cable from the RC to the tablet is not plugged in. Turn on AC, turn on RC, plug in USB cable from RC to the tablet. The selection window will pop up. Select the App you want. When selected, below and to the right, you will see; "Just once" or "Always", select Just Once. Done. But, you have to unplug the cable each time from my experience. Still a bit of a hassle. I have a new Nvidia Shield K1 running 6.01 also. Same issue but great tablet.
Thank you!!! I was at the end of my rope trying to make this work and your solution worked like a charm!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic