Help with Phantom 3 SD card reader

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post so i am looking forward to the replys. Here is the deal....

A friend of mine used my p3p (1st mistake) and when he went to land it he turned the motors off the wrong way and the drone rolled over on the ground. There was ZERO damage to the outside....but now i cant get ANY SD cards to read in the drone itself.....any help? is there somewhere i can buy just the insides of the gimbal with the card reader attached? i appreciate the help.

Is the camera working ok.....are you getting the feed from the camera to your app when you start everything up? If not, you've probably got a damaged ribbon cable.

did you try reinserting the SD card and powering on and off your drone? Sometimes when the drone is shutoff before you stop the video camera the files don't get proper end headers written and you get the errors
Have u purchased a card reader for USB so you can download the files to your computer?
Once you do that try this website Repairing Corrupt DJI Phantom or Inspire Video Files and download the .exe file for repairing damaged phantom files

I think the problem lies within the card reader itself. Is there anywhere I can just buy the inside of the gimbal?

The SD card inserts and ejects properly?
It's not been forced in?
The spring loaded ejector works?

Have you used the format tool in the app to format the SD card in your P3P?

I have the same issue. I get a message to format the SD card but format will fail.

Have you tried accessing the SD card through the USB plug on the gimbal base? I can read and write to the SD card using a PC, so it rules out a hardware issue with the card reader ot the SD card itself.

Hmmmmmm and you have tried to reformat on the computer as well...?

Gosh I hate to say it but maybe there is something wrong in the SD slot.
Do you still have a warranty?

yup. Tried reformatting. I don't think warranty will cover because it was wrecked. Is there a place I can buy the inside of the gimbal?

Try plugging in your firmware sd card or another smaller card less than 16gigs into it and then just try hitting record if you see no error. Don't go into the reformat section, just try recording if you can. I've had problems with the larger 64gig cards but never with the 16 or smaller. This way you will know for sure its not a card issue.

Hey guys, first post so i am looking forward to the replys. Here is the deal....

A friend of mine used my p3p (1st mistake) and when he went to land it he turned the motors off the wrong way and the drone rolled over on the ground. There was ZERO damage to the outside....but now i cant get ANY SD cards to read in the drone itself.....any help? is there somewhere i can buy just the insides of the gimbal with the card reader attached? i appreciate the help.
Shine a light inside the SD slot. The pins inside are very fragile and can bend / break pretty easily

That's true try the original 16gig card.

Worst case you can take the camera and gimbal of the quad and open it up...
If it's already broken maybe have a peak inside... Use some computer canned air cleaner and blow that port out.

So unfortunately I couldn't find the original 16g but I tried a 2 gb to no success. It still read "invalid sd card" and won't even let me format it. I need to find the inside hardware of the gimbal that has the reader attached to it.

I have the same problem with the sd cards but the original 16 works fine.

So unfortunately I couldn't find the original 16g but I tried a 2 gb to no success. It still read "invalid sd card" and won't even let me format it. I need to find the inside hardware of the gimbal that has the reader attached to it.
Any of these will work-- courtesy of Phantomhelp.com

Memory Cards
128GB - Lexar (40MB/s write speed)

16GB - Lexar (40MB/s write speed)
16GB - Samsung (50MB/s write speed)
16GB - SanDisk (40MB/s write speed)
16GB - SanDisk (90MB/s write speed)

32GB - Lexar (40MB/s write speed)
32GB - Samsung (80MB/s write speed)
32GB - SanDisk (40MB/s write speed)
32GB - SanDisk (90MB/s write speed)

64GB - Lexar (40MB/s write speed)