Help with Phantom 2 Vision Plust v 3.0 Tx attenna mod

Well, I fubar'd the pefectly good version 3 I already had, so now I get a 2nd chance to not repeat that. LOL..

Well this time you know what you are getting in to. Scrape away slowly ;)

Well, it looked so easy to scrape away the silicone and just attach the new SMA plug, but no....my fat fingers fubar'd the SMA plug on the TX! So, what do I do now? The copper shield is completely gone and the male prong is only left on the TX. There is no way to attach the SMA cable now? I've read that you can solder on a new SMA plug, but I don't think I have the skills to do that and don't know if it would even work?

I'd appreciate any help? Does anyone have an 5.8ghz Tx laying around?

Oh vey...
I would look for an old wifi card, a lot of them used those connectors, then cut it off and splice it into your damaged one.
Would work just the same.
Those connectors are machine terminated

I would like to give thanks to Jeremy James from USdronerepair (Burlbark) for taking on and fixing the mess I created on my controller. For a nominal fee, he cleaned up the solder mess and then soldered on a new U.FL connector to the Tx. Not only did he do that, but he went ahead and finished the controller modification. So, all I had to do was bolt on the wi-fi extender and Itelite panel then bind the controller to my Phantom. Took a quick test flight and it worked perfectly. The man does awesome work!

I too broke off the "Ring" and will likely have to send it to Jeremy.

My question is can I take the module out of my old V2 Transmitter and put it in my V3? If so what would I need to do to tell my Drone camera to connect to it? Is is bound to the MAC address or Wifi SSId Name?

Denny

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik