Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Help with New Phantom 2

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Help' started by livelongdienever, May 15, 2015.

1. livelongdienever

Hey guys,

I just recent bought my first Phantom 2, I decided to go used to save some money while I am learning. The original owner had somethings added in that I'm not quite 100% what they're for and I'm turning here for some help. For starters on the bottom of the phantom he added a chip that the Zenmuse gimbal plugs into as well as plug for a AVL transmitter, the IOSD and the IOSD mini. It looks like this product here:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1024809-REG/dji_part9_phantom_2_fpv_cable.html/prm/alsVwDtl

I'm pretty sure this is for a FPV set up but I want to confirm. Which leads to my second question. On the Phantom 2 there is a AVL58 5.8G VideoLink Transmitter, the seller did not include the receiver. Now my question is this, if down the road I want to add FPV will this transmitter work with any receiver or will it specifically have to be the one in this kit? Note that the transmitter that came with the Phantom is the same as in this kit.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/998680-REG/dji_cp_al_000001_5_8gzhz_video_kit.html

Thanks!

2. Marlin009

That is for FPV and I believe will work with any 5.8 receiver.

3. jason

Did the seller include a monitor and does that monitor have two antennas?

#3 jason, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015
  4. livelongdienever

The seller didn't include any monitor unfortunately

5. livelongdienever

I've gotten this pretty well set up but I think once the gimbal is one the camera sits a little crooked. Is this a bad thing?

Attached Files:

6. jason

The bottom gimbal bracket seems to be bent. I would take it off the P2 and disassemble it and check the to see you can straighten it if need be.

That is H3-2D gimbal and the complete replacement bracket assemble cost $75 dollars.

7. jason

I just checked a supplier I purchase parts from and the price for H3-2D mounting bracket is now $44.99.

8. livelongdienever

Thanks for the tips. I'm smoothing out that bracket and I'm going to put it back together and see if that helps