Help with new fc40 loosing control (cant steer)

Reaction score
Hi..
Got my fc40 2 weeks ago , and at first flight i lost control after about 5 min and it steered into a tree and out, i panic and turn of transmitter and i came back to me, luckily!
So i thought i was doing something wrong since i was a beginner! But now it happend again, it have happend 4 out of 7 flightS.

So this is what happens

I start it in gps mode and get good signal, green blink only. i fly around some minutes i go up a little high and come down! seeing that it wont stay i same position even gps mode is on and no wind it drifts away, i go little up and it starts to live its own life.. i cant controll it with my transmitter, its not working it flies it self towards some trees, i try turn off transmitter to trigger failsafe but that doesnt work either so i crashed into trees and falls some meters and out, still i cant use the transmitter, so i go after it and grab it in air and it stops! i reset it and try i low altitude and back to normal i fly it again!

Can anybody help me? im afraid to use it beacause of this..

Are both switches in the "up" position? Did you do the compass dance? Did you download and install the software from the Dji web site to verify the settings in the quad? When you turned on the transmitter, how many beeps did you hear?

jerrymac12000 said:
Are both switches in the "up" position? Did you do the compass dance? Did you download and install the software from the Dji web site to verify the settings in the quad? When you turned on the transmitter, how many beeps did you hear?

both switches top position, didnt calibrate compass, did it other day same place (gonna start do evry time) downloaded today newest software.. 2 beeps when turning on transmitter.. after seeing some videos about fly away on youtube , the suspect powerline in some videos there and maybe thats maybe the cause for me also,, where this has happend has some power mast`s..

trying other locations now too see if its better without powerlines and new software, today worked normal.. gonna keep trying before i trust it :)

I take it you've calibrated the transmitter controls using the RC assistant.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.