Help with new Dji go software!j

Reaction score
im a rookie on this broad, but I sure could use some help. I just tried to fly my 3 standard using Dji 'new' software that just showed up on my iPad mini. The screen looks almost the same, but for some reason, the D which I assume means the horizontal distance from me to my p3 and the other icon not named but shows an icon with a person and the p3 don't seem to be showing correct distances.. I assume the second icon gives the measurement like the hypotenuse of a triangle meaning the actual distance between me and my P3..Gosh I hope I have made this question clear. Any suggestions/. I always calibrate any time I'm taking off from a different location.
Thanks so much if you went to the trouble to read this whole missive!!! Why don't the numbers make sense?

Reactions: RodPad
im a rookie on this broad, but I sure could use some help. I just tried to fly my 3 standard using Dji 'new' software that just showed up on my iPad mini. The screen looks almost the same, but for some reason, the D which I assume means the horizontal distance from me to my p3 and the other icon not named but shows an icon with a person and the p3 don't seem to be showing correct distances.. I assume the second icon gives the measurement like the hypotenuse of a triangle meaning the actual distance between me and my P3..Gosh I hope I have made this question clear. Any suggestions/. I always calibrate any time I'm taking off from a different location.
Thanks so much if you went to the trouble to read this whole missive!!! Why don't the numbers make sense?
DJI have never given a distance to the Phantom before.
It's always been a horizontal distance and altitude.
Sorry, I haven't got the new software to check.
Can you show a screenshot?

is it possible your new version of DJI go app showing distance in meters instead of feet? i think mine got changed to meters with the recent update... try going to settings screen and changing from metric to imperial system..

ill be glad to try to do that. Ill try to do that this evening when I get home from work.
thanks so much for the response.

is it possible your new version of DJI go app showing distance in meters instead of feet? i think mine got changed to meters with the recent update... try going to settings screen and changing from metric to imperial system..
Ill give that a check tonight. thanks for the suggestion.

this isnt my screen shot, but it makes the point. H i assume is altitude, D i assume is horizional and the little person icon showing 232 m maybe the 'hypotemus' i mentioned?

this isnt my screen shot, but it makes the point. H i assume is altitude, D i assume is horizional and the little person icon showing 232 m maybe the 'hypotemus' i mentioned?
oops failed to send shot....this work?

Attachments

• dji software confusion.jpg
    dji software confusion.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 463
oops failed to send shot....this work?
OK ... the numbers you are asking about are the horizontal distance:
1. between the Phantom and Home
2. between the controller and home
To get the second distance you have to be using a phone or tablet with GPS and either be higher than VPS range or have VPS disabled.
These pics using an earlier version of the app should explain it for you
i-T4SLX32-M.png

i-NFHRTPc-M.png

i think mine got changed to meters with the recent update...
Updating firmware will change your settings in the app back to default values.
After an update it's a good idea to go back and check your settings and reset any changes you made (RTH height, height limits, metric/imperial etc)

I always thought was from the home point?
But your pictures show the Phantom in the same location, and the operator has moved, so OK.
Also VPS is not on a P3S so that seems confusing, what would change whether it is on or off? If it had it.
My first impression of the OPs picture that it was a total distance The height and distance combined to straight line between you and the phantom.

Rod

@North Texas Guy

Welcome to the forum!

Oh and "Gosh" that was funny.

Rod ;)

OK ... the numbers you are asking about are the horizontal distance:
1. between the Phantom and Home
2. between the controller and home
To get the second distance you have to be using a phone or tablet with GPS and either be higher than VPS range or have VPS disabled.
These pics using an earlier version of the app should explain it for you
i-T4SLX32-M.png

i-NFHRTPc-M.png

Updating firmware will change your settings in the app back to default values.
After an update it's a good idea to go back and check your settings and reset any changes you made (RTH height, height limits, metric/imperial etc)
i really appreciate your response, but i simply do not understand what you are saying...i may just be a bit thick;! i have no idea what VPS is. so is the D the horz distance from home and the little icon thing is the distance horz between controller and home.. thanks for your patience. i not even sure if i have replied this in the right,place, but im going to 'punch post reply' and see if you receive. mike
i

i really appreciate your response, but i simply do not understand what you are saying...i may just be a bit thick;! i have no idea what VPS is. so is the D the horz distance from home and the little icon thing is the distance horz between controller and home.. thanks for your patience. i not even sure if i have replied this in the right,place, but im going to 'punch post reply' and see if you receive. mike
i
VPS (Visual Positioning System) is a feature that the Standard doesn't have. I just put that in for completeness so it would make sense to anyone with a Pro or Advanced.

D = the Phantom's distance from home
Little man icon = distance from controller.
For most flying these numbers will be almost the same but if you were to fly from a moving boat and you were no longer near where you launched, the numbers could be quite different.

For most flying these numbers will be almost the same but if you were to fly from a moving boat and you were no longer near where you launched, the numbers could be quite different.
VPS (Visual Positioning System) is a feature that the Standard doesn't have. I just put that in for completeness so it would make sense to anyone with a Pro or Advanced.

are you saying the the little man thing shows the distance between the phantom and the controller or the distance between the home and the controller? gosh im sorry

If you have a Phantom with VPS operating, the distance to controller gets replaced with a VPS height display.

I see!

Well, I think I see.

Thanks

They are
are you saying the the little man thing shows the distance between the phantom and the controller or the distance between the home and the controller? gosh im sorry
The little man is showing you the horizontal distance from the Phantom to the controller.
Unless you go flying from a moving boat, a car or you walk some distance from where you started, you won't need to use this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.