Help with Naza

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to DJI and drone in general, well really any advanced RC stuff.

Anyway I have a new FC40 and am struggling with the Naza software. Before I fly I hear I am supposed to calibrate things, but I'm not sure what that means. I read through the manual and watched a lot so videos online. So far I have upgraded the firmware in the software, and calibrated the compass, but I am not sure about a lot of these other things. The RTH mode? Do I need to activate that specially? Also the IOC modes, I just assumed leave them off for now, or would you recommend I activate them (if so how do I do that).

Sorry for so many questions, but I am just trying to absorb as much info at this time and get flying. If there is a good sticky somewhere perhaps you could post a link. I have been looking for the stickies on this forum to no avail.
Thank you

The only calibration that should be done out of the box is the Compass calibration(compass dance). Which is when you rotate the quad in a 360 horizontally and vertical(many vids on this). The IOC switch is S2(top left) and is for whatever reason is disabled from the factory??? Hook you phantom to the computer using the Naza software and chose in the advanced tab(I think) the IOC function and turn it on. It's real easy to do. Once again the only calibration that should be done is the Compass one. Good luck!

When you have it hooked to the computer and are running the Assistant program, click on the "Advanced" tab

Select the F/S tab and set that to "Go Home and Landing"

Choose the IOC tab and turn it on. Move left switch to see it change between Off, Course Lock and Home Lock. The last one is most useful. Read up on it or watch videos about it.

VERY IMPORTANT. Click the "Limits" tab. You will see the height and distance set at 2000 yards!!!!!! That is basically no limits whatsoever.Set them much lower. 133 yards equals 400 feet. I'd start out with lower altitudes and work your way up.

As for distance, when you set that and your quad reaches that distance, it will go no further. You can go up, down, left, right, or toward you all you want, though.

Finally, under the "Basic" tab, choose RC. At the bottom you will see "Control Mode Switch". This is where you set the bottom position to "Failsafe". Do NOT set it to "Manual" unless you are an advanced flyer.That way, you can activate Failsafe by moving the right switch to the bottom and then switch back to GPS if you like.

I don't know what "Receiver Advanced Protection" is. Anyone?

I was looking through posts last night to try and learn about naza and found this. Very helpful and easy walk through on what to do so thanks very much its been a big help i got it all set up last night fine so big thanks. just one snag this morning i would like to check, after plugging it in and having another look this morning a bit more sober, i was on the basic tab under rc and having a flick of the switch on the transmitter to check the control mode switch at the bottom was moving correctly, but i moved the wrong switch on the transmitter, ie switch 2 top left and noticed that on the display on the computer that sticks monitor x2 moved about when i was flicking the switch, oops so i put switch 2 back to the top and noticed that the sticks monitor x2 was not in the middle like x1 it was to the right of it. Is this normal and how it should be and how it would have been anyway if i had not moved the wrong switch. Help with this would be very very much appreciated.

I'm not quite sure what you are saying without having the program open in front of me, but flipping switches in the program doesn't change anything. It just lets you verify that the switches are working properly. You CAN change the bottom position on S1 (the right switch) from ATT to either RTH or Manual. Do NOT choose Manual.

I would like to thank you all guys a had a nightmare
about doing this but followed ur intructions and
set my phantom up last night thanks :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31