Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Help with MKII iosd Install on Phantom 2

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Help' started by MacMan, Jul 16, 2014.

1. MacMan

Seems to be little information available on the best way to install the DJI iosd MK II on the Phantom 2. I am trying to determine the best way to tap the Phantom for "power." All the diagrams I see just show it routed to the battery but not "how" or "where" best to make the connection. Do I just cut into the battery cable between the battery plug and the main board? There is not much extra cable to work with. Should I be making some sort of Jumper or Pigtail to tap into the MK II's XT60 connectors?

A nice YouTube video would sure be a help. Plenty of "un boxing" video's. I think I have that part figured out :D

2. rilot

Can I ask why you've chosen the Mk2 rather than the very easy to install and much cheaper iOSD Mini?
    I run a MK2 on my S800 EVO but I wouldn't put one on a Phantom due to high weight of the unit and need to cut in to power cables.

I have no advice for you on where to get power as I can't recall anyone installing a Mk2 on a P2 before.

3. MacMan

Why did I opt to use the Mk II and not the mini? That is a great question and one I am now asking myself. Truth is I don't have a good answer other than I have always "over done" most projects. If a board needed 2 nails to hold it, I would use 10 and a little glue! Must be some type of "over compensation" complex. :roll:

Maybe I should think about getting a mini and just keep the MK II for a future project.

4. OI Photography

That's what I would suggest too, rilot is correct that the mkII really isn't practical for the Phantom. The iOSD mini will show the same telemetry on your display anyway.