Help with Litchi

More helpful and more active though is their Google groups page

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

This response is a bit late but I'm hoping it'll help others sort through connection problems when using Litchi. I'm using the Google Nexus 9 and various tablets will have a slightly different way of changing what your default is for the P3 Remote Controller when you hook it up via the USB cable. You can either choose "Just Once" or "Always" depending on what you want to do and if you know how to go back... all this is further up the thread if you'd like to find out.

Here's my fool-proof way of getting connected to your P3P/P3A using Litchi. I found out by accident that it has to do with the order of how you connect:

1. Turn on your remote control WITHOUT having the tablet connected by the USB cable. Just leave the USB cable connected to the remote control but disconnected from your table. Your tablet should be in the holder but not plugged in.
2. Turn on your P3P/P3A. If the Phantom is already RC linked to the remote, they'll connect themselves without needing the tablet.
3. After just a few seconds, connect the USB cable to your tablet. It should then either start Litchi automatically (if you selected "Always" during one of the previous sessions), otherwise it'll ask you which app you want to use to fly. If you have it so that you select the app every time, then select the app you want to use and it'll open and you'll be connected to the app.

I've found that following these steps will ensure an error free session. I've ran into this many times where I had everything plugged together and ended up killing the Litchi app, restarting the Litchi app, touching that red "Disconnected" button, etc. many times to no avail. It was by accident I found this order but now I never run into that problem. Good luck!
I want to thank you for posting this information. This works for me. After days of screwing around with this problem I read your post and tried your "workaround boot sequence". Thanks for saving me even more frustration.

Well I have read the thread twice and tried every solution but continues to say can't connect to verify
The weird thing is about a week ago I got it to work

I just downloaded litchi yesterday, and I had read that the first time you use it, you need to be connected to the plane and also a good WiFi connection, so it can register with the dji servers. I have done that, I'm sitting in my living room, wasted 1/3 of a drone
battery so far, trying to figure out how to get it to connect. I keep getting the error message that the "app cannot connect to the internet to verify app.". But I am connected to my home router,I can access the internet with my browser or any other app, and this is how I first " initialized" my drone when I first got it, so I could even start the motors. I have figured out the USB issue that others seem to o have, so what's up? How can I get it to connect to the internet?! (I'm using the same tablet to write this, otherwise I wouldn't be running any other apps at the same time.)
Any help would be appreciated. I was hoping to use litchi tomorrow, I have to be somewhere 150 miles away at 07:00 and I plan to use the drone, litchi or not.
Thanks....
One thing you might try, to to Settings/Apps on the tablet and find DJI Go and Force Stop. If you have run DJI Go recently even though you close the app processes may continue in the background and may be conflicting with the connection between your Phantom and Litchi.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20