Help with iosd mini install.

Reaction score
I will include a list of my parts, I cannot find a diagram or video that is not using the gimbal cable from the P2 board. I am connecting directly to my gopro 3 for a fpv camera, A static mount and cannot see where to wire the gopro into. I may be right in front of me though hell if I can find it, any help here? I will include a link to the nearest video instruction I could find yet they still are using the gimbal connection for the camera out..
Thanks for any help,
Terry
PS. Could it be as simple as following the diagram that came with the mini and install go pro and transmitter directly to the isod?
If so where to power the transmitter from?
Parts: P2
iosd mini
Boscam 32Ch 5.8G 600mw 5km Wireless AV Transmitter
Cheap Drones 5.8Ghz FPV Clover-Leaf/Skew Planar Video Antenna 2-Pack
LILLIPUT 7" 329DW Dual receiver, stock receiver mounting bracket
Gopro 3 silver
DJI FPV Hub Kit for Phantom 2, for future expansion
And going with a static mount for the go pro,for now.
And the link I was using.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v91nelBVoH0

I'm afraid that DJI FPV hub isn't going to help you, that device only comes into play when you're using all DJI equipment: the AVL58 video Tx, and Zenmuse gimbal. fwiw, I would highly recommend getting a gimbal... if you're hard-mounting your GoPro directly to the phantom frame your FPV and videos are going to be awful... all shaky and tilty.. you know that right? it's going to be quite a challenge to see anything during flight every vibration and flight movement from the Phantom will be seen in the video feed.

anyway that being said, in your case you're definitely going to have to do some cable splicing. Not on the CAN-BUS cable that attaches to the iOSD mini, that one is easy but on the other cable with the white connector you're going to need to splice the video in feed + ground from your GoPro (you should have a cable for that), and then the video out feed and ground that go to the Boscam video TX (using the cable that came with the Boscam, see below). You have the below diagram? it should help you find the right cable
Nzmv2-iosd-mini.png

If you've got the Boscam TS832 here is the wiring diagram for it... in the left pic you'll use Video In and Ground.
TS832-diagram.jpg

how are you going to power the Boscam? standalone battery or try to tap into Phantom power?

I didn't watch the entire video you posted, but I always point people to this video which is very similar to the one you posted, but he does a great job of identifying connections.

ultimately I think you'll be a lot happier if you get a gimbal

QYV said:
I'm afraid that DJI FPV hub isn't going to help you, that device only comes into play when you're using all DJI equipment: the AVL58 video Tx, and Zenmuse gimbal. fwiw, I would highly recommend getting a gimbal... if you're hard-mounting your GoPro directly to the phantom frame your FPV and videos are going to be awful... all shaky and tilty.. you know that right? it's going to be quite a challenge to see anything during flight every vibration and flight movement from the Phantom will be seen in the video feed.

anyway that being said, in your case you're definitely going to have to do some cable splicing. Not on the CAN-BUS cable that attaches to the iOSD mini, that one is easy but on the other cable with the white connector you're going to need to splice the video in feed + ground from your GoPro (you should have a cable for that), and then the video out feed and ground that go to the Boscam video TX (using the cable that came with the Boscam, see below). You have the below diagram? it should help you find the right cable
Nzmv2-iosd-mini.png

If you've got the Boscam TS832 here is the wiring diagram for it... in the left pic you'll use Video In and Ground.
TS832-diagram.jpg

how are you going to power the Boscam? standalone battery or try to tap into Phantom power?

I didn't watch the entire video you posted, but I always point people to this video which is very similar to the one you posted, but he does a great job of identifying connections.

ultimately I think you'll be a lot happier if you get a gimbal

I'd have to second that advice. There is simply no point spending all the money you have so far and then short change yourself on a gimbal. Seriously, your videos will look like ****. Just buy one already!

Yes you can wire as in video and you'll be ok if you want to add gimbal later. (New H3 gimbal uses external GoPro/usb plug now) Once you see videos/pics from static mount you'll be upgrading sooner than expected to a gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic