Help with go home function go home

Reaction score
Hello,

Here is my question or situation. I got a drone phantom 3 Standard . So when I doing the compass configuration I take off around 150ft High Maybe 400ft distance so when I use the app and I press go home the drone go higher around 300 ft higher so I scared then I stop the function. My question is , that it's normal when you press go home the drone go more higher automatically . Sorry I'm new on this so I'm trying to be confident with the drone and trying to see how works before to send far away.

Thanks for your help.

Yes the drone will assume whatever your RTH height is set at when you activate it. It is normal for the drone to climb to the height you have set, or if you are higher it will come back at whatever height you are at.

My question is , that it's normal when you press go home the drone go more higher automatically
When RTH is initiated, your Phantom will ascend to the RTH altitude before returning home (if it's not already above that altitude). You can change the RTH altitude in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-RTH-Altitude.PNG

Note: This setting is also set in meters. It can only be set while your Phantom is connected to DJI GO.

There are some special cases where your Phantom will do other things when RTH is initiated. Check out the Phantom manual for more details. You can download the manual from the P3S downloads page.

Hello,

Here is my question or situation. I got a drone phantom 3 Standard . So when I doing the compass configuration I take off around 150ft High Maybe 400ft distance so when I use the app and I press go home the drone go higher around 300 ft higher so I scared then I stop the function. My question is , that it's normal when you press go home the drone go more higher automatically . Sorry I'm new on this so I'm trying to be confident with the drone and trying to see how works before to send far away.

Thanks for your help.

No need for duplicate posts.
This creates confusion and clutter.

Yes the drone will assume whatever your RTH height is set at when you activate it. It is normal for the drone to climb to the height you have set, or if you are higher it will come back at whatever height you are at.

Thanks for your help !

When RTH is initiated, your Phantom will ascend to the RTH altitude before returning home (if it's not already above that altitude). You can change the RTH altitude in the following section of DJI GO:

View attachment 73066

Note: This setting is also set in meters. It can only be set while your Phantom is connected to DJI GO.

There are some special cases where your Phantom will do other things when RTH is initiated. Check out the Phantom manual for more details. You can download the manual from the P3S downloads page.

Thanks you !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik