Help with Gain, My Phantom is WAY to sensitive

Reaction score
Phantom is WAY to sensitive in rotation, spinning to much, my videos SUCK, should I reduce gain to correct this? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I will screen shot my gains in a few minutes

I think the only thing you can do is ease up on the controls a little bit. With practice, you should be able to smoothly turn/yaw.

Unfortunately, yaw (turning) is not adjustable.

The Phantom application has "Basic" gains, including Yaw, but that only effects how the "auto-pilot" controls the Phantom. It has nothing to do with the joysticks on your remote control.

The "Attitude" gains effect how sensitive the Phantom is to the joystick on your remote control, but only for pitch and roll - no yaw.

This video was hugely helpful for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Iml-BxGJVU

You can unscrew the top half of the stick heads to lengthen them and then unscrew the bottom halves up to the top half to lock the stick heads in place. Lengthening them slightly increases the stick head travel distance and, hence, decreases sensitivity a bit. But you still have to take it easy on the stick to yaw. I found the best way to accomplish a slow yaw is to put the side of my thumb against the left stick and apply very little light sideways pressure.

Attachments

• stick throw.jpg
    stick throw.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 382
Thanks, I did not change basic gains but I did change attitude gains:

roll from 260% to 100%
pitch from 260% to 200%

that should help a lot,

and after firmware update today my gimbal wheel is way to sensitive also, I wish there was a gain for the gimbal :(

before update my gimbal was prefect

Re-calibrating it after the update might help.

GSSP said:
and after firmware update today my gimbal wheel is way to sensitive also, I wish there was a gain for the gimbal :(
before update my gimbal was prefect
Regarding the gimbal... Check out this sticky and start on step 3. If that does not work, start from step 1 (but you can skip step 2).
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=30479

(the key to that sticky is that Mopar Bob figured out you need to calibrate x1 in RC Assistant, even though the on screen instructions will say not to).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic