Help with FPV please

Had you replaced the transmitter or is it the original? Do the test again with the camera on and off to see if it rolls or is solid on the screen. Can you post a video of what it does with the camera on and when it's off.

The transmitter is a new one.

As you can see I have the camera off at the start and I already have the black screen. The transmitter dip switches are at default so I set the monitor to channel 1 band F.
I thought before it may have been the plug and play cable so if you remember I disconnected that and just connected a make do cable from the transmitter to the CAM port without the iOSD and I got the same result. Any ideas?

The transmitter is a new one.

As you can see I have the camera off at the start and I already have the black screen. The transmitter dip switches are at default so I set the monitor to channel 1 band F.
I thought before it may have been the plug and play cable so if you remember I disconnected that and just connected a make do cable from the transmitter to the CAM port without the iOSD and I got the same result. Any ideas?

Check that the wire for the video are in the correct order as in the following photo. There should only the 2 wires yellow an black Is the transmitter the immersion 600 mw?? Bear with me I'm still loading my computer after it has been repaired as I may slow in responding plus I have yard work to do.
immersion-600mw-wiring_02-jpg.68062

Check that the wire for the video are in the correct order as in the following photo. There should only the 2 wires yellow an black Is the transmitter the immersion 600 mw?? Bear with me I'm still loading my computer after it has been repaired as I may slow in responding plus I have yard work to do.
immersion-600mw-wiring_02-jpg.68062

I understand. I really appreciate your help. I have it wired using the plug and play cable.

20161113_092316.jpg

If you are game and we have tried everything else without success go to this site and download the firmware v2.0 for your camera. If you are unfamiliar in how to load this firmware into your camera go to GoPro download and follow their instructions. This is a longshot but it might just work.
Drivers filed under: GoPro HERO3+ Camera Firmware

No luck. Did the update, restarted the camera but same results... you think it could be the black pearl? I mean it's the only thing left to test.

No luck. Did the update, restarted the camera but same results... you think it could be the black pearl? I mean it's the only thing left to test.

Anything is possible but since the telemetry is solid on the screen I would rule it out as the source of the problem. But I could be wrong.

Anything is possible but since the telemetry is solid on the screen I would rule it out as the source of the problem. But I could be wrong.

Tried another monitor not a black pearl but a cheap equivalent and I get the same black screen. So as you thought the monitor isn't the problem.

Tried another monitor not a black pearl but a cheap equivalent and I get the same black screen. So as you thought the monitor isn't the problem.

If you don't mind my asking. What equipment did you use to check the continuity of the video/ground leads from the USB to the CAM socket? This problem of no video can only be from two sources either the cabling or the camera. Maybe you'd be wise to order that cable and try the cameras playback another monitor or TV.

Do you know a friend or anyone with with a GoPro that you could barrow from to test the output of course as long as it doesn't have new firmware on it.

Last edited:
If you don't mind my asking. What equipment did you use to check the continuity of the video/ground leads from the USB to the CAM socket? This problem of no video can only be from two sources either the cabling or the camera. Maybe you'd be wise to order that cable and try the cameras playback another monitor or TV.

Do you know a friend or anyone with with a GoPro that you could barrow from to test the output of course as long as it doesn't have new firmware on it.

Just used this (see pic)
Unfortunately I don't know anyone with a gopro3.

The playback from the gopro works when connected USB from the camera. Is there a difference between playback output and live video output?

So let's just say the monitor works, the gopro works and the cabling works. The only thing I haven't tested is the little USB adaptor that you plug into the camera. Is there a way I can test that?

Attachments

• 20161114_173137.jpg
    20161114_173137.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 311
Just used this (see pic)
Unfortunately I don't know anyone with a gopro3.

The playback from the gopro works when connected USB from the camera. Is there a difference between playback output and live video output?

So let's just say the monitor works, the gopro works and the cabling works. The only thing I haven't tested is the little USB adaptor that you plug into the camera. Is there a way I can test that?

Since I have no idea where you live the best I can do is suggest to order this replacement kit there is a new USB connector in it.
.DJI Replacement USB Output Connection Cable CP.PT.000156 B&H

Not really sure if the video in uses the same inputs as the output I just assumed that the in/out were on the same lines.

Success! Looks like it was the USB connector that was at fault the ribbon was fine. Going to give it a flight test soon see if it all works. Thanks Jason for all the help!

Success! Looks like it was the USB connector that was at fault the ribbon was fine. Going to give it a flight test soon see if it all works. Thanks Jason for all the help!

Glad to hear that the problem has been resolved. Strange that the USB connector was the cause but in electronics anything is possible.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl