Help with FPV items for P2/version 2

Reaction score
I have a P2, version 2, and want to go FPV with it. I just would like to know if the following items at this time, that are up to date in the market.

1. Flyweight, Back Pearl, 7" Diversity monitor, model 801
2. Immersion RC 600 met transmitter
3. DJI mini iOSD

I'll be using my Gopro Hero 4 Silver
I will not be using a gimble at this time

Any suggest for anything more up to date are requested.
Also, best place to purchase items please.

Thanks,
Jerry

I have a P2, version 2, and want to go FPV with it. I just would like to know if the following items at this time, that are up to date in the market.

1. Flyweight, Back Pearl, 7" Diversity monitor, model 801
2. Immersion RC 600 met transmitter
3. DJI mini iOSD

I'll be using my Gopro Hero 4 Silver
I will not be using a gimble at this time

Any suggest for anything more up to date are requested.
Also, best place to purchase items please.

Thanks,
Jerry

Yes that equipment is up to date.

If your P2 came with a gimbal use it as you're not going to like the camera footage without using a gimbal. The price of zenmuse gimbals are the lowest they been B&H is selling new units for $199 and when they have used for around $159.95.

DJI Zenmuse H4-3D Gimbal for GoPro HERO4 Black CP.ZM.000145 B&H

I just used mine today for the very first time and Jim using the exact same setup and it worked GREAT!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm using even though my name is Jim. [emoji3][emoji3]

I'm using even though my name is Jim.
emoji3.png
emoji3.png

Yes that equipment is up to date.

If your P2 came with a gimbal use it as you're not going to like the camera footage without using a gimbal. The price of zenmuse gimbals are the lowest they been B&H is selling new units for $199 and when they have used for around $159.95.

DJI Zenmuse H4-3D Gimbal for GoPro HERO4 Black CP.ZM.000145 B&H
Jason, I have been reading some about the H4-3D and finding it works for the GP 4 Black, not the silver that I have. Should I be considering the H3-3D instead?

All the hero cameras from the 3, 3+ and 4 will work on the H4-3D gimbal. The only reason for the H4-3D was the weight and the wifi button on the hero 4. So put your camera on it and enjoy.

All the hero cameras from the 3, 3+ and 4 will work on the H4-3D gimbal. The only reason for the H4-3D was the weight and the wifi button on the hero 4. So put your camera on it and enjoy.
Thanks Jason............ :)

Jason, let me show my ignorance a bit more. Please explain your statement,The only reason for the H4-3D was the weight and the wifi button on the hero 4.
Thanks

When GoPro came out with the hero 4 it was heavier then the hero 3 and the wifi button was raised. When mounted on the H3-3D gimbal could be triggered by the tilt motors housing. So DJI redesigned the H4-3D gimbal and IMU to accommodate both the wifi button and weight of the new camera. Just because it was redesigned for one camera didn't that the others couldn't be used on it. I use the H3-3D with a Hero 4 black mounted on it and never have had a problem with wifi button nor the extra weight.

When GoPro came out with the hero 4 it was heavier then the hero 3 and the wifi button was raised. When mounted on the H3-3D gimbal could be triggered by the tilt motors housing. So DJI redesigned the H4-3D gimbal and IMU to accommodate both the wifi button and weight of the new camera. Just because it was redesigned for one camera didn't that the others couldn't be used on it. I use the H3-3D with a Hero 4 black mounted on it and never have had a problem with wifi button nor the extra weight.

Ohhhhhhhhhh.........OK. Thanks :)

I am a newbie, bought my first phantom 2 last weekend, but you can also find H3 gimbals for less than a $100. If you buy the $6 H4 ribbon and install it in the H3, you essentially have an H4. You can take the battery out of the Hero4, with the ribbon connected if you are concerned about weight. Yes, the Phantom powers the GoPro.

I am a newbie, bought my first phantom 2 last weekend, but you can also find H3 gimbals for less than a $100. If you buy the $6 H4 ribbon and install it in the H3, you essentially have an H4. You can take the battery out of the Hero4, with the ribbon connected if you are concerned about weight. Yes, the Phantom powers the GoPro.

Unlikely you are going to find a new or used H3-3D or H4-3D gimbal for under a $100. Best price for a new H3 I saw on was $159 while the retail price for a new H4 is $199 at www..bhphotovideo.com. Changing either ribbon on an H3 will not automatically make it a H4 as both use the same ribbons. The H4-3D was design to handle the full weight of the Hero 4 camera so there"s no need to remove the battery. The original complaints were from those using the Hero 4 camera on the H3-3D gimbal and the wifi button on the side of the camera so DJI made some changes and called it H4-3D. Truefully I use an Hero 4 on a H3-3D gimbal and have not had any of the problems with the weight (extra 10 grams) or the wifi button on the camera and have not had to counter balance the gimbal.

Remember this there are aftermarket gimbals out there for less then $100 dollars and you get exactly what you paid for in both product and support.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl