Help with FatShark

Reaction score
Hello, I have the upgraded phantom 1 with a brushless gimbal and gopro black and everything is working great. So I ordered Fatshark Pred V2 to get started in fpv but I am sitting here wondering that is right now I get 5 to 6 minutes flight time how much will I get running fpv? Also should I run an external battery for the fpv? How long will the transmitter run if I get another battery? I hope if someone here has experience with this they could help me out. THank you all in advance and I must say this forum is the best. Happy filming.

Dan

I don't think you need an additional battery for the VTX, the power draw from those is very minimal, also your flight times will not change much either, half a minute less if at all, the FPV setup you have is very light.

I ran a test using my Fatshark 250mw AND Tarot gimbal, and found that combined they use around 30mah per minute.

there is almost never a situation where you'd want to run an additional battery to power devices, as the additional battery weight will only cause flight times to decrease more than the amount needed to power the devices in the first place.

Wow excellent guys, that's nice to know. I wish I could find a way though to increase time. Bigger battery or something. I am getting the carbon fibre props vision style hopefully that will help. Also how about increasing the gains?

azoriandan said:
Wow excellent guys, that's nice to know. I wish I could find a way though to increase time. Bigger battery or something. I am getting the carbon fibre props vision style hopefully that will help. Also how about increasing the gains?

Is not hard to increase your fight time, to start get a set of Vision props followed by a bigger battery like he Maddog 2700 or Zippy 2800. If you do both you'll get 4 to 5 minutes more of flight time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers