Help with DJI form/advice

Reaction score
Hey all!
I had a battery failure. About 70m and lots of damage. Contacted DJI with 20 second proof video, they got back 2 days later (impressed for DJI) apologising and saying this:

"We would like to see your product into our Netherlands Support center for diagnosis and repair. Please fill in the DJI Global Technical Support Form attached and send the complete form back via email so we can arrange a repair."

I took the form off the email. What I had forgotten to tell DJI is that the battery failure occurred when I flicked the failsafe switch. (I have done this literally scores of time before and it's always fine). I thought nothing of it once it had sent, but then on the form there are boxes to tick (attached photo) for service information. One is labelled "Return to home failure". Should I tick this because this is my problem? Or is this about something else?

Also, I wish to have a free repair/replacement as I know this not to have been my fault in the slightest (the aircraft was perfect). I did have FPV (had opened it up etc) and I have seen on YouTube someone who had FPV goggles with P2 and got charged $700 by DJI until he posted video, when they admitted it to be a 'critical battery failure'.
I do not want to be charged (duh) at all. So by sending it off for diagnosis/repair, am I guaranteed a free repair or (if they won't take responsibility) I want to be warned and given a price, then I could think about it. Should I tell them this in form? I don't think I should take out FPV equipment, do you? I'll remove GoPro (seems fine) and send it off?

Please get back to me soon!
Baldrick

Screen Shot 2016-04-16 at 12.49.35.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj