HELP WITH CRASHED P3A

Reaction score
hello friends,
my p3a just flew down from the sky for no reason at all, i am shocked, i flzy from over a year
some of the most techy of you, could help me in understanding from the flight records what happened?
here attached the file
thanks guys

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2016-06-19_[20-50-45].txt
    640.5 KB · Views: 319
Were all of the props attached when you found it?

Reactions: Enrico P.
hello friends,
my p3a just flew down from the sky for no reason at all, i am shocked, i flzy from over a year
some of the most techy of you, could help me in understanding from the flight records what happened?
Your battery was 87% at the start.
How long since it was charged?

few days back
Quite a few as it's commenced discharging.
Flying with a partly discharged battery is likely to end up with the Phantom falling from the sky.
There have been quite a few cases of this.
DJI recommend in the manual that you only fly with a fully charged battery.

Quite a few as it's commenced discharging.
Flying with a partly discharged battery is likely to end up with the Phantom falling from the sky.
There have been quite a few cases of this.
DJI recommend in the manual that you only fly with a fully charged battery.

yeah, but we are talking at 83% charged battery!

As many have found out 83% isn't just a little less than 100% if the battery has been sitting and discharging. There are quite a few threads about this. SKIs warning to only fly with a full battery is to be taken seriously

my friend that was flying with the P4 took a video of mine falling from the sky!! you can see clearly that at a certain point in the sky the propeller flew off, but not before!!! i am going to upload it!

yes, it seemed so. but it few down not straight, so i don't think it is that thing
When a prop flies off, the Phantom drops like a rock. That's what your log indicates happened too. Since you're confirming a prop was missing, that explains the mysterious drop from the sky.

When a prop flies off, the Phantom drops like a rock. That's what your log indicates happened too. Since you're confirming a prop was missing, that explains the mysterious drop from the sky.

Sure, but what if the prop spins off during the fall? (I was the one with Enrico when the accident happened and I was filming with my P4). You can clearly see the Phantom falling down for a while and THEN the prop spinning out. Couldn't be a motor stop with inertial push off?

Couldn't be a motor stop with inertial push off?
I doubt it. If you review the DAT flight log, you can see more information about what each motor was doing at the time.

I doubt it. If you review the DAT flight log, you can see more information about what each motor was doing at the time.
thank you, very useful indeed, I was still thinking DAT files were not readable, Shall we use DJI Log converter ?
I am very keen to understand as well what happened with the drone, I just bought mine and seeing Enrico's one falling like a rock was not an injection of confidence in the machine's reliability...

To view the Dat you need the converter available at
DatFile.net
Or you UL the Dat files of that day in dropbox or google drive and post the link here. Its probably the second last one recorded of that day but every time you turn the battery on in the P3 it will start recording a Dat so it can be tricky to find the correct one.
If its a prop that flew off it will show in the Dat.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj