Help with camera ...

Reaction score
So I just got a new P3 standard pack. Nice machine. Never had anything like this before. Learning it was easy. My camera problems...

When I record in 2.7k or whatever it is. And upload it on youtube. I notice it is clear and crisp so long as I don't move. With the littlest movement you start to see blotches or trails. Some videos are worse then others. Sometimes it seems perfect.

Here is whats infuriating. Looking at other youtube videos with theP3 standard that basically look like there produced or somehow perfect. No blotching at all. In particular dji has an ad shot with it. And its like how did they get it to work that good?!

Anyone have suggestions for optimized settings? Sorry if the threads redundant. I tried scouring the web with no luck. -Joe

Post the exact video settings that you are using. Resolution. Frame rate, etc.

Also, make sure that you are using the video file directly from the SD card and not the video from your mobile device.

Post the exact video settings that you are using. Resolution. Frame rate, etc.

Also, make sure that you are using the video file directly from the SD card and not the video from your mobile device.

Thanks for quick reply. I probably should have put those in there originally.

I was using 2.7k 24 fps.
mp4
ntsc/pal pal
white bal awb
style none
color vivid

I dropped it down to 1080p 24 fps with all the rest the same today. I haven't had a chance to check that out yet.

Thanks. -Joe

24 fps should be used for almost still video. If you're going to be moving slowly you may use 30fps @ 2.7k, or now they allow 1080p @ 60fps which is what I would probably use since I'm going to be testing my drive-by shots mostly

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm in Germany, right now.
Tried both NTSC and PAL. With NTSC I have max 30fps.
Running on 1.3.50.

Can some one post what settings they use to achieve good crisp video without blotch ing? my big gripe is it's advertised as 2.7 k capable. And it blotchs. There's no way it should blotchs There's a few vids out there on YouTube made by normal people that are perfect you can make out every detail.

Thanks bud. Will do. I was going to try filming a sunrise this am and it's raining out uhg. -Joe

Using 24 fps will cause motion blur. Don't use it if you don't want blur. Note also that you will always be subject to some "compression artifacts" in grassy areas and sometimes trees.

Go here and download the "Phantom Help Guide". DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

It has TONS of information and tips on various settings.

Are you talking about the Standard?
If yes, then I'm in the wrong movie, I have 24 and 25fps under 1080p.

Hey, yes I have a P3S. I saw the 60fps under 1080p after I updated DJI Go app on my iOS.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31