Help with cacheing map

Reaction score
I've read posts and watched videos and I still have a problem with the map.
I live in rural area but have internet in the home. So, I turn on my RC and my device(Samsung tab A) Turn on WIFI. Start DJIGO, start GoogleMaps, pan around the area I'm going to fly in, zooming down to detail level. The area is woods and green pasture.
Turn off WIFI, DJIGO, and GoogleMaps. Turn Google maps back on, map is there. Turn DJIGO on and there is blurry green screen where the map should be, along with home point. It appears the image is extremely zoomed IN. So I start zooming out and the image starts clearing about the time the whole state of Texas is filling the screen.
Nothing but blur in between. I had no problems with this when I first got the P3A. But at that time I was downloading the map and updating it every 30 days. I think it started after the updates I did right after getting the drone.(and before I knew better than to update). Now I have been just cacheing the map, going out and it's not there when I am ready to fly. I have since updated the GoogleMap App(4.3 I think), and DJIGO(3.10) to no avail. Would like to know how other folks are getting the map to "stay" put.
Sorry to get longwinded. Thanks, Gary

When you say that you zoom and pan, are you doing it in google map or the go app? Two separate caches. Don't really need or even want google map on just takes up memory and processor power. Just do it all in the Go app.

Thanks for the replies. Somehow(senior moment) I got the two mixed up. I had assumed that djigo app looked for the map in GoogleMaps.
I think I confused downloading offline googlemaps with cacheing in the DjiGo app. I figured it was something that only a "mature" person could accomplish:) Much obliged for the help, Gary

Reactions: hotashes
STILL not working. I cleared all cache, uninstalled GoogleMaps, restarted the tab and wifi , and then started up the RC. DJIGO came up and sure enough my home was there in the map pane. I expanded it, panned around the area I normally fly in, zoomed in as far as it would go, backed out a bit, and then turned off the wifi. Map still there. Turned off DJIGO, and then the tablet. Waited about 30 minutes. Turned on tablet. Turned on RC (which starts djigo). Map is there,,,but it's like it was before, just a green background, like it is zoomed in beyond max. I start zooming out and the image never gets clear until the whole state of Texas is visible.
I can't figure out where this strange image is coming from. Where is it stored in the app? Should I uninstall DJIGO and reinstall? I just recently did that, went to 3.1.1.

STILL not working. I cleared all cache, uninstalled GoogleMaps, restarted the tab and wifi , and then started up the RC. DJIGO came up and sure enough my home was there in the map pane. I expanded it, panned around the area I normally fly in, zoomed in as far as it would go, backed out a bit, and then turned off the wifi. Map still there. Turned off DJIGO, and then the tablet. Waited about 30 minutes. Turned on tablet. Turned on RC (which starts djigo). Map is there,,,but it's like it was before, just a green background, like it is zoomed in beyond max. I start zooming out and the image never gets clear until the whole state of Texas is visible.
I can't figure out where this strange image is coming from. Where is it stored in the app? Should I uninstall DJIGO and reinstall? I just recently did that, went to 3.1.1.
Maybe it's related to the recent switch to much inferior "Here" maps in recent app updates that so many are complaining about.

Here's one of the threads:

Google Map Missing

Maybe it's related to the recent switch to much inferior "Here" maps in recent app updates that so many are complaining about.

Here's one of the threads:

Google Map Missing
Thank you very much OSO. Yes, I have the crappy HERE map,,that is whenever I have wifi on. I'll try the downgrade.
I don't know how I missed all that when I was searching for info on cacheing.

Thank you very much OSO. Yes, I have the crappy HERE map,,that is whenever I have wifi on. I'll try the downgrade.
I don't know how I missed all that when I was searching for info on cacheing.
Replaced 3.1.0 with 2.9.1
Looks good in the house, will fly and report later.
Thanks again OSO for pointing me in the right direction. I seem to need "pointing" more and more as time goes by.:D

Reactions: JoBe
Replaced 3.1.0 with 2.9.1
Looks good in the house, will fly and report later.
Thanks again OSO for pointing me in the right direction. I seem to need "pointing" more and more as time goes by.:D
Excellent. Thanks for following up. I was hoping that you would have good news. Cheers!

Reactions: JoBe
Excellent. Thanks for following up. I was hoping that you would have good news. Cheers!
Wind finally died down, so I flew one battery's worth. Everything went well, just like it used to be when new.
Thanks again to all who replied with help. I'll start a new thread in case it might help someone else to know my results. Gary

Reactions: JoBe and Oso

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik