Help with AVL58 TX, IOSD mini and Hero 4 install WITHOUT gimbal.

Reaction score
I purchased this for my P2, and have seen a 100 videos for the install, but none like mine. I am not using a gimbal, just an isolated fixed mount. Any help appreciated. AVL58 TX transmitter, iosd mini, and hub. The question is I need to get the video to the transmitter....I am sure when i figure this out it will seem extremely easy.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 455
I purchased this for my P2, and have seen a 100 videos for the install, but none like mine. I am not using a gimbal, just an isolated fixed mount. Any help appreciated. AVL58 TX transmitter, iosd mini, and hub. The question is I need to get the video to the transmitter....I am sure when i figure this out it will seem extremely easy.

There should be a yel/brn & red/brn coming the same leg as the 8 pin grat cable if so that multicolor cable is for you video feed (yel/brn) and the other is the power feed (red + & brn -). You will have to hardwire this al together. I suggest you read the manual page 5 -7 wiring diagrams.
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

Well if you suable video a gimbal is the only way to go. B&H was selling new H4-3D gimbals for $199.00 up to today now they are back at $267.00 but they have used unit for $169.95. That is how I bought mine and you'd hard pressed to tell it wasn't a new unit. Yes there are cheap Chinese gimbals out there but you get exactly what you pay for.
Used DJI Zenmuse H4-3D Gimbal for GoPro HERO4 Black CP.ZM.000145

Well if you suable video a gimbal is the only way to go. B&H was selling new H4-3D gimbals for $199.00 up to today now they are back at $267.00 but they have used unit for $169.95. That is how I bought mine and you'd hard pressed to tell it wasn't a new unit. Yes there are cheap Chinese gimbals out there but you get exactly what you pay for.
Used DJI Zenmuse H4-3D Gimbal for GoPro HERO4 Black CP.ZM.000145
I'd just go buy a P3 before I did that. For what I am doing the thing will be stationary 90% of the time anyhow. Hell, without seeing the video, I get usable shots almost all of the time.

GP H4 Silver

OK, I used a GoPro3. Someone here helped me with the diagram, I will try and relay that to you. For me the main problem was having a GoPro3 USB cable(not certain about 4, but assume same or similar. 1st off you need that, I used this one, Gopro Hero 3 USB 90° to AV Video Output DC 5V Power Supply BEC Input Cable FPV

I'm assuming you have the cable that came with black pearl monitor to hook up iosd, etc.?

Then just plug 2 wires (video{yellow} and ground{black}) into the transmitter. If you want to have it charge go pro4 as well you can tap elsewhere for the red and black wires(I did not do this).

I'm looking for an image someone posted to me a while back that had a diagram, will try and find and post

Reactions: brivander
Grab this cable to if you do not have. Plug and Play Cable DJI Phantom 2 to DJI iosd Mini and Fat Shark ImmersionRC TX

Mine came with the monitor though.

Look at the image of the cable above. At the bottom, the yellow and black pull out from that plug, and direct splice to the gopro cable out, and you will be good to go. After that just plug that cable you just removed the yellow and black from, so it will be just red and black now, to the port on Phantom board.

Reactions: brivander
I'd just go buy a P3 before I did that. For what I am doing the thing will be stationary 90% of the time anyhow. Hell, without seeing the video, I get usable shots almost all of the time.

Well I guess you know more about it then I so I'm through with this conversation. Hopefully you don't short out the main board.

Well I guess you know more about it then I so I'm through with this conversation. Hopefully you don't short out the main board.
Maybe our lines got crossed up a bit here. I certainly don't know more about it than anyone. All I meant was, I'm not spending a couple more hundred dollars on this when I could just go buy a P3 and be done with it (which is probably what I should have done).

Clearly I offended you, and that was NOT my intent.

Grab this cable to if you do not have. Plug and Play Cable DJI Phantom 2 to DJI iosd Mini and Fat Shark ImmersionRC TX

Mine came with the monitor though.

Look at the image of the cable above. At the bottom, the yellow and black pull out from that plug, and direct splice to the gopro cable out, and you will be good to go. After that just plug that cable you just removed the yellow and black from, so it will be just red and black now, to the port on Phantom board.
That is exactly what I needed, perfect!

That is exactly what I needed, perfect!

Cool. Biggest stumper for me was that gopro usb cable. I kept trying with regular usb, but gopro has this unique pin assignment that garden variety will not work. I wasted soooo much time, and had everything else perfect, until I stumbled upon that missing link. Theres some vids on how to make one, but for $3 it was worth the extra couple days for it to arrive.

Maybe our lines got crossed up a bit here. I certainly don't know more about it than anyone. All I meant was, I'm not spending a couple more hundred dollars on this when I could just go buy a P3 and be done with it (which is probably what I should have done).

Clearly I offended you, and that was NOT my intent.
He gets offended easily it seems [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4