Help with accident reconstruction

Reaction score
I'm trying to track down a flyaway P2V+ 3.0, and having some confusion with my telemetry... could use help as we search for the drone. I was operating it in Cambridge, MA at a large park, but apparently it ran off course (big gusts of wind started up) and RTH did not work despite having a lot of battery left. As soon as I lost WIFI, i initiated Naza RTH, and after a few seconds more of not seeing the drone powered the transmitter off entirely. RTH had been tested before on the field easlier in the day so I was feeling pretty confident it would come back. It never did. :(

Attached is the last photo transmitted.

However, the last GPS coordinates it shows do not match to the photo at all.. Any ideas?

Is there a device I can buy that will record telemetry to a file? Really hoping I can find my P2V..

Attachments

• 2015-01-01.jpg
    2015-01-01.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 725
  • quad Screen Shot 2015-01-01 at 1.38.14 PM.png
    quad Screen Shot 2015-01-01 at 1.38.14 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 792
Hello & welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear of your loss. Hopefully someone turns it in to you. Hopefully you have your contact info on it. Be sure & check high up in tress as they love to crash there.

In regards to your question on the telemetry file there is the Flytrex Core that records to a card but is onboard, so in this case it would be of no help. There is also Flytrex Live 3G which sends and records live data back to you, which would help you locate a lost quad. What I use is a tracker. I have been using PocketFinder for almost a year now and have a new, smaller tracker on it's way via a crowd sourced funding site. I never fly without it just in case. It is worth the cost for the piece of mind. I also have a 'Getterback' on it in case of a water landing and it is covered with contact info.

Thanks @LuvMyTJ and @barefootbeachcombing. My buddy is currently looking through the search while I take care of a home emergency. I'm just confused why the GPS transmitted coordinates are so different from the last transmitted photo.

Any ideas how long the batteries might last? Any chance that if I wander around for long enough even several hours later I'd be able to pick up a WIFI?

Jeremy

I am sorry, Hope you find it. Please keep us posted & hope there is no damage.

We may have recovered your drone, please contact Cambridge PD with documenting info. call x3331.

That's good. :D

cpd said:
We may have recovered your drone, please contact Cambridge PD with documenting info. call x3331.

If this really does have substance to it, well....to me that is just amazing. If they actually took the time to research the internet and made it here where the main man is asking for help, is just awesome. I would almost have to think this officer is also a r/c hobbyist that knows what we go though when we experience such a loss. If you are for real my hats off to you and the department you work at.

cpd said:
Well this should be interesting.

Still waiting contact from person who posted losing the phantom in Cambridge. If anyone has additional contact info for him/her requesting your assistance. Formal methods take substanially longer and just trying to save him from purchasing another phantom.

cpd said:
Still waiting contact from person who posted losing the phantom in Cambridge. If anyone has additional contact info for him/her requesting your assistance. Formal methods take substanially longer and just trying to save him from purchasing another phantom.
I want to I've in your city! The Leo's are not that nice here

Maybe he's afraid it's a setup ? Maybe his phantom hit something and your going to arrest him , :shock:

Mori55 said:
Maybe he's afraid it's a setup ? Maybe his phantom hit something and your going to arrest him , :shock:
unless it was found in a no fly zone, even if he hit someone, it's not a crime unless it is proven it was done on purpose or under the influence of alcohol/drugs. Better to have an attorney contact them instead anyways

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl