Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Help with accident reconstruction

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by jgilbert20, Jan 1, 2015.

1. jgilbert20

I'm trying to track down a flyaway P2V+ 3.0, and having some confusion with my telemetry... could use help as we search for the drone. I was operating it in Cambridge, MA at a large park, but apparently it ran off course (big gusts of wind started up) and RTH did not work despite having a lot of battery left. As soon as I lost WIFI, i initiated Naza RTH, and after a few seconds more of not seeing the drone powered the transmitter off entirely. RTH had been tested before on the field easlier in the day so I was feeling pretty confident it would come back. It never did. :(

Attached is the last photo transmitted.

However, the last GPS coordinates it shows do not match to the photo at all.. Any ideas?

Is there a device I can buy that will record telemetry to a file? Really hoping I can find my P2V..

Attached Files:

2. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hello & welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear of your loss. Hopefully someone turns it in to you. Hopefully you have your contact info on it. Be sure & check high up in tress as they love to crash there.

In regards to your question on the telemetry file there is the Flytrex Core that records to a card but is onboard, so in this case it would be of no help. There is also Flytrex Live 3G which sends and records live data back to you, which would help you locate a lost quad. What I use is a tracker. I have been using PocketFinder for almost a year now and have a new, smaller tracker on it's way via a crowd sourced funding site. I never fly without it just in case. It is worth the cost for the piece of mind. I also have a 'Getterback' on it in case of a water landing and it is covered with contact info.

3. barefootbeachcombing

Attached Files:

4. jgilbert20

Thanks @LuvMyTJ and @barefootbeachcombing. My buddy is currently looking through the search while I take care of a home emergency. I'm just confused why the GPS transmitted coordinates are so different from the last transmitted photo.

Any ideas how long the batteries might last? Any chance that if I wander around for long enough even several hours later I'd be able to pick up a WIFI?

Jeremy

5. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It's worth a try to look for a WIFI signal if to much time hasn't passed. After nightfall look for the arm lights. Good luck.

6. mede8er

My bird sat in a tree one night....fresh batteries and flashing lights lasted well over 6 hours...

7. Larry L

I am sorry, Hope you find it. Please keep us posted & hope there is no damage.

8. cpd

cpd

We may have recovered your drone, please contact Cambridge PD with documenting info. call x3331.

9. burlbark

Bump for the Cambridge PD. :p

10. CannibalRobotics

Let us know if its yours!

11. dalebb

That's good. :D

12. flyNfrank

If this really does have substance to it, well....to me that is just amazing. If they actually took the time to research the internet and made it here where the main man is asking for help, is just awesome. I would almost have to think this officer is also a r/c hobbyist that knows what we go though when we experience such a loss. If you are for real my hats off to you and the department you work at.

13. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Well this should be interesting.

14. happydays

What happened? Was it yours?

15. cpd

cpd

Still waiting contact from person who posted losing the phantom in Cambridge. If anyone has additional contact info for him/her requesting your assistance. Formal methods take substanially longer and just trying to save him from purchasing another phantom.

16. tritontr21

Lol.

Attached Files:

17. eyecon82

I want to I've in your city! The Leo's are not that nice here

18. Mori55

Maybe he's afraid it's a setup ? Maybe his phantom hit something and your going to arrest him , :shock:

19. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Maybe it is not the police at all but really a troll instead...
    [​IMG]

20. eyecon82

unless it was found in a no fly zone, even if he hit someone, it's not a crime unless it is proven it was done on purpose or under the influence of alcohol/drugs. Better to have an attorney contact them instead anyways