Help with a crash.

Reaction score
A friend had an accident last week, decided to fly his P2V+ into a wall. He dropped it off for me to look at last night. The gimbal ribbon cable is broke, and he broke one prop. I removed the lid this morning, no other visible signs of damage but when I power it on, I get the start up beeps, it flashes red and green but them starts a slow flashing yellow leds with 2 slow beeps and that's as far as it get's. I haven't connected it to the assistant yet as I'll probably have the fight windows 10 for the drivers. Anyone one have any ideas what to look for. I powered it with a full battery and the GPS was connected.

Hello rstekeur,
Typically in a crash scenario, there are a few things that like to break.
1) gimbal/camera ( I know Capt. Obvious ) :)
2) ribbon cable
3) gps ( ceramic patch antenna )

So I would not worry about the lights and beeps, until you fix the ribbon. Under the top portion of the shell, remove the RF insulation, and remove gps module , inspect ceramic antenna for cracks or chips, if good put it back.

Ok
Once you repaired the camera/gimbal ribbon cable, follow these steps.

1) hook Tx, to RC ASSISTANT
( do full calibration , both sticks, toggles, and dial wheel )
This will calibrate Tx back to factory fresh

2) hook bird to PC assistant
Under basic, then RC tabs, calibrate Tx again here ( full cal )
This will calibrate Tx to bird, so they work as a team.

While still in PC assistant
Run an ADVANCED IMU calibration, this will reset, your GYROSCOPE, ACCELEROMETER, AND GPS.
( most likely got bumped a little loopy in the crash )

Now after this, unhook bird, go outside, and do a fresh compass calibration.

If all is good, the bird should fly like new again!

Keep us updated on your fix

NOTE: simple ribbon replacement
1) start at camera unit, and work twords mainboard
2) no need to UNCLIP the roll and pitch board clips, you can just press the ribbon in with little force ( saves TONS of time )

Ps, don't forget to balance those new props, and check those jello balls, and replace the anti drop pins.

Hope this helps!
Good luck, and I'm here if you need me!

J Dot
:cool:

Hope this helps!
Good luck, and I'm here if you need me!

J Dot

Thanks, yes it does, would the ribbon cable separated cause a slow yellow flash? Before I bother replacing the ribbon cable I would like to find out what else is wrong first. Can't see putting to much time and money into it. I will try what you suggested first

I believe the slow yellow flash, is gps related.
In phantom mode, slow yellow indicates, 5 or less satellites, or 0 if antenna is cracked. I would first check gps ceramic antenna, if it is good, take bird outside, and startup, I'd just unplug the gimbal for now, this will also kill power to wifi module, as it feeds from gimbal, but both are not needed for flight. So once outside, leave for a few minutes, to see if slow yellow turns to fast green ( home lock ), followed by slow green ( 6+ satellites ). Also a full calibration in steps above, will help bring bird back to factory fresh!

Let us know?

J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl