Help! Where can I find the material to study to get my license?

Reaction score
So I reached out a local testing center because I want to get my license so I can start selling my videos/photos from my drone (which, I love by the way - the 4K is killer). However, the testing site sent me the following pdf:

FAA-S-ACS-10

U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Aviation Administration
Remote Pilot – Small
Unmanned Aircraft Systems
Airman Certification Standards
July 2016

It lays out a ton of information about what you need to study (like the following "References":
References: 14 CFR part 107, subpart A; AC 107-2), but not the actual documents. I researched the 14 CFR part 107 and found a variety of things...and then got a headache trying to do the same for the rest of the pages/headings.

If you have taken the test, can you please tell me what you did? Do I just buy the $90 booklets for sale by companies with Google Ads so it is all in one place? I just want to start selling my stuff and don't want to be held up anymore! Thanks!

Skyview in the Lou

Lou,

There are a bunch of threads in here on this. Look them up. Long story short, use FAA study material, Sarah Nilson, and Prepware Remote Pilot app. If you understand everything from all of that, you should be fine. Just remember to study. I studied about 25 hours for it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Squirrel!
You'll find a WEALTH of information in this section. Just spend some time and you'll find exactly what you're looking for.

Rules and Regulations

Pay close attention to our "Paid Sponsors" because they make this forum possible for the rest of us. Patronize them when you can and tell them THANK YOU for their support.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik