Help-What do these wires go to?

Reaction score
IMG_0123.JPG
yes I am new to flying drones and it goes without saying I lost GPS crashed hard and broke these two wires. So what do they attach to and what is involved in repaying them. Are they the WIFI antenna?
Thanks
page1image256

Same thing just happened to me last week the gimbal snapped in same spot. But those wires go to the camera and gimbal

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks for you reply. So how do I go about replacing those wires? Where do they attach to the camera/gimbal? What part do I order to replace them or can I splice them back together? Any wizards out there that can point me in the right direction, that would be great.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Those wires each have a U.FL connector so they are associated with RF. My unqualified hunch is that those are used to transmit your video feed to the controller.

Ok... so yeah.. if the ends ripped off, you'll need to order new ones. I'll attach some pics below that show the small access covers that need to be removed so you can get to where they connect to the gimbal board. There are two covers. One for the grey wires and one for the black. There are two Phillips head screws that hold each cover on and are removed from the underside.
fecd4fd8e12d3f9ac204cd621a7f6d03.jpg
f433a31ce6513e66155f0a6152760a3b.jpg
i
e79402ccc1d43713d9595d8e1658591b.jpg

...and one last pic so you know what to look for under that cover. It's a VERY small snap-on U.FL connector pictured below with a match for scale. I expect your cable end is still attached there. :)
bde318c2be1e9d118587ca544ddebad1.jpg

Thank you very much for your help. I found the parts on Amazon ( hour after I ordered it they ran out off stock) I have removed the covers and it looks like the connections are intact and undisturbed. Now waiting on part so I can replace wires. In the mean time searching for photos/videos showing the process I need to follow to attach wire to drone.

Hmm... you MIGHT want to double check your order. I wasn't able to find what I think you need on Amazon. Maybe post your link?

I took a chance yesterday and ordered it when (briefly) it was in stock. But today I got cold feet that it was not the right part. So I started asking questions to confirm.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20