Help wanted

kje

Reaction score
Maybe totalled today and would appreciate some advice
For Father's Day I was entertaining myself trying for some low flying around the property and to get some close up shots skimming low over the backyard pool and got it wrong.
Phantom dipped and dropped onto pool surface for a few seconds only. I managed to get it back into the air but it kept going up. I had noticed a small plane circling over our property earlier on and could still hear his engine close by - the regulations here in Canada say drones are to be kept below 300 feet and aircraft minimum altitude over non populous areas as per where we live is 500 feet. This guy was at 150-200 feet and I panicked and hit return to home, nothing seemed to happened so I pulled in both sticks.
When I found it, the camera lens cover was broken, camera had came off the yaw arm but ribbon cable looked intact, landing frames bent and overall, looking real sad.
I took it inside and checked it out, very little moisture etc but when I tried to power it back up to see if the accident had been caught, message said disconnected and was unable to operate any camera function at which point smoke started to come from the yaw arm motor.
I disconnected the camera totally and my question is and I would appreciate any and all thoughts here is how can I tell if more damage has been done.
Replacement camera/gimbal etc is $400 U.S. and I wouldn't want to buy one and connect it up to find the motherboard et al was toast also.

I would contact DJI repair. Also, there's no need to power it up to see if you recorded the accident. Just remove the card from the camera and view it on your computer.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4