Help w/TX Problem - Stick Behaviors

Reaction score
When looking at the Naza assist screens for checking the TX sticks this is what I get.

Throttle up or down, real smooth from -820 to + 796 or thereabouts.
Yaw immediately jumps to full value either left or right (-1000 to + 1000)

Pitch is real smooth up or down.
Roll is smooth to the right up to full value but from center to left immediately jumps to full value.

Hope you understand what I'm saying here, but I don't think this is normal but I am having problems w/my Phantom so I don't really know. There is no info on this other than to say to calibrate it etc. There are no instruction as to what exactly they should be doing.

Could someone check there Throttle, Yaw, Pitch, and Roll actions to let me know what is normal????

Thanks for any help.

try this:

1. Set the switch S2 at the OFF position, and the switch S1 at the GPS position
2. Push the Throttle stick to the top position, and push the Pitch stick to the top position. Keep the Pitch
stick at the top position manually since it can return to the central position when released.
3. Turn on the Power Switch of the transmitter, you should hear the indicator sound of “Di—Di Di” from
the transmitter repeatedly. Toggle the switch S2 to the CL position, you should hear an indicator
sound of “Di” from the transmitter, in this case, the transmitter has entered the calibration mode.
(During this period, the Throttle stick and the Pitch stick must be kept at the top position all the time.)
4. Release the Pitch stick and pull the Throttle stick to the central position. Toggle the switch S1 to the
ATTI position; you should hear an indicator sound of “Di” from the transmitter. Then move all of the
sticks throughout their complete range several times. After this, put the Throttle stick to the bottom
position, and toggle the switch S2 to the HL position, you should hear an indicator sound of “Di” from
the transmitter, in this case, the transmitter has been calibrated successfully

Aulk, I've tried to "calibrate" the TX. It does some of the routine correctly but not all. Nowhere does it say what to do if it doesnt
calibrate correctly.

insatiable said:
Aulk, I've tried to "calibrate" the TX. It does some of the routine correctly but not all. Nowhere does it say what to do if it doesnt
calibrate correctly.

Then you are NOT successfully calibrate the Tx.
Follow the instruction carefully which may take a few times to succeed.
It doesn't say what to do if you fail so you have to repeat the procedure until you got it.
It took me 4 trials the very first time.
Good luck,

Ive tried the calibration at least a dozen times and each time i get no di di when toggling through S1 and S2. I get a blinking light a few times but don't get the di.

Tanasit i sent you a pm describing the problem. When moving the yaw stick either a micro amount left or right it delivers full power. The phantom would spin violently when doing so. In fact you cant throttle it up or down without inadvertanly causing the yaw to kick it violently one way or the other. All other stick moves produces a slow delivery of the peak range. Except the yaw and the roll (only to left) right roll is smooth.

When i was adjusting the x1 and x2 in the back of the transmitter, my screwdriver cut the rubber on the power cable coming from the 4 aa batteries and i might have caused a short or something. I didnt notice this till later when i took the back off the tx.

Can a local rc shop do work on the tx without having to send the whole thing back??

insatiable said:
my screwdriver cut the rubber on the power cable coming from the 4 aa batteries and i might have caused a short or something. I didnt notice this till later when i took the back off the tx.

Can a local rc shop do work on the tx without having to send the whole thing back??

I suspected that in the beginning. Anyway, it depends on how bad the damages are but it won't hurt to have your LHS check it out. It may be a simple fix.
Should you try all of this via the Assistant in the first place, you will "SEE" the error without taking a risk on your Phantom.
Also as I mentioned before you may already turned the pot passed the stop point and that is why I suggested you to inhibit the X1 and/or X2, tyhen test the yaw again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers