HELP! Video Problem PV2

Reaction score
Still have no luck finding a solution to the no video preview thru my iphone. I know that DJI says this is a known issue but most people describe a freezing in the app of the video after you start to fly. I have NO preview in the app but I can pan/tilt/and start to record from the app but just no preview. If I can do all of these things should I assume my camera is properly bound with the add and wifi extender? My wifi network for the Phantom Vision 2 starts with a 6. I have read everywhere it should start with a 1 do you think this may be an issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Someone told me with new app update, dji recommends, you RENAME, your phantom network name!
Also try deleting, and reinstalling APP! Maybe firmware conflict somewhere!

Very strange, keep us informed!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Any luck fixing the preview problem? I also have been having this problem since the notorious update! Turn auto update off!!!! I emailed DJI and was told the same fix to delete app and reinstall..... Change preview res.... Nothing works and I'm bout to give it up and move on to a manufacturer that assists in its troubled product.

I am having a similar problem with my P2V.

I am using an iPod Touch 5 with a MAC. All was working well until I re-charged the Wifi Extender. Then, when preparing to take off, I could not get a moving image on my iPod screen (is this the Preview referred to?). When I checked the SD card later, I had both video and snaps all recorded and viewable. So my FPV on my iPod is not working, yet the Camera is.

I thought it was a Binding issue, so I followed the Manual instructions to re-bind, following the steps and depressing the button on the Extender, but I got to the part where it says to "Run the DJI VISION App->Settings->General->Binding." Yet, I have the PT2 Vers. 3.0 update and do not see this anywhere in the App. Menu.

Is this the correct App? I looked on the DJI Downloads website and do not see anything specific to the Extender.

The preview quality
Is under the app opening page
( you have 4 choices )
Camera
Albums
Settings
News
Under settings on home screen of app,
You'll see preview quality
Under there you have 4 settings
320x240 15 fps
320x240 30fps
640x480 15fps
640x480 30fps ( fps= frames per second )
( lowest to highest )
320x240 15fps is lower quality video feed to iPod ( does not affect video from camera )
Only preview quality! But you'll get the most range from FPV
320x240 30fps better quality image ( slightly less range )
640x480 15fps much better quality, even less range
( DO NOT RECOMMEND SETTING BELOW )
640x480 30fps BEST quality preview, shortest range ( CAREFULL THIS SETTING
CAUSES FPV DELAYS )

I have iPhone 4s And use ( 640x480 15fps )

Try LOWERING your preview setting, might help.
Also DELETE, and reinstall app, sometimes helps!

I don't think it is extender, as you have control of camera,
Just no feed!

Take care, Fly safe!

You are not alone. Out of the box same exact issue whether using iPhone or iPad or any of the preview options. Tried all the various types of "fixes"...delete and re download, it didn't make any diff. I have control of gimble but no video. On another thread about this problem an email from DJI said they were looking into the problem. That was six months ago. I am a new Phantom driver soon to be former Phantom driver.

Also, as an interesting side note, I attempted to rebind and couldn't. Hours latter I realized the MAC address on the bottom if the camera was not the same camera MAC address on the box. I entered the one on the box and it bound. Go figure!

Also, as an interesting side note, I attempted to rebind and couldn't. Hours latter I realized the MAC address on the bottom if the camera was not the same camera MAC address on the box. I entered the one on the box and it bound. Go figure!

I'm stiiiillll having these issues and I don't think it will ever work again. Anyone think the wire pluging in back of camera could be the problem? Like a short or something?

I'm a new Phantom P2V owner and I haven't gotten the video to work yet either. I get the "broken" message on the screen, but it does show the batter level for the wifi repeater. I managed to get the wifi to connect long enough to change the name but that didn't seem to help. It appear that it will briefly see the wifi extender, then disconnect from it never to come back again. I was hesitant to try the update, since it seemed to be causing problems for some people, but since nothing was working anyway I figured it couldn't hurt. I couldn't get my laptop to connect to either the Phantom or the controller so updating was a moot issue.

Any idea?

On a related note, is the wifi "extender" really just translating the 5.8 linksignal into 2.4 for wifi? If it was really just a "wifi extender" I would think you could leave it turned off if the Phantom was close.

Thanks,
Steve

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl