Help. Video playback slow

Reaction score
I'm new to video/photo editing. I am also new to drones. I have a phantom3 standard. I have recorded some awesome video but when I got to view it, it plays back soooo slow. What can I do to fix this problem? Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Firstly check your video settings in the app, may be set to 120fps. If you have a reasonable computer with a good editing program, you can speed it up to salvage your memories.

So if my computer just sucks, would the video play normally once I upload it somewhere? I'm new to this completely. What should it be set on? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Assuming that the footage is slow on your SD card and not your device, go into your video settings on the app and select 1080 24fps and start there. You can work your way to 2.7 once you get the hang of it. I generally leave my settings in auto and have a play with my video editor later. Depending on the age of your computer and the software you are using will determine what kind of result you get with your current slow mo footage. You could try another computer that is more current, has the grunt and suitable editing software.

I have my standard on auto still I believe. My computer is probably 4 years old. It's nothing amazing. I'm editing with filmora.

I'm new to video/photo editing. I am also new to drones. I have a phantom3 standard. I have recorded some awesome video but when I got to view it, it plays back soooo slow. What can I do to fix this problem? Thanks for the help.

The video files are HUGE = play SLOW (and skip many frames) in my old Win7 computer but they play fine the new Win10 computer I just bought for my mother... Same thing happened when I flew at a friend's house last weekend and tried watching those vids on his Win7 comp. that's 4+ years old...
Best thing I can suggest (before buying another comp.) is edit them to a smaller resolution like 1080 or 720 and after saving them they should play fine...

Adding that even though "the original files play fine on this computer", they play VERY SLOW in the DaVinci Resolve editing software I'm using = HUGE Program that's intended to be used on Very Fast computers so this computer obviously has it's limits as well ;)
I have a lot of patience so I've been OK with the DaVinci playing the original files slow, plus what I do is watch the video on comp. player first, taking notes on where I want to make the initial cuts, then I fast forward to those points in DaVinci to make edits/cuts...
Here's one of my first Rookie Flyer, Rookie Editor videos...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic