Help Understanding Lost Drone

Reaction score
I flew a successful waypoint mission and followed it up with a simple orbit. Half way round I lost the signal and that turned out to be that. Usually when the signal drops I climb a little and regain the connection but this time there was nothing doing. I lingered hoping for a return to home but no luck.
Logs seem to indicate nothing untoward.
The CSV does not seem to work when uploaded:
DJI Phantom & Mavic Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

So here's the flight data share link on Airdata: Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Can anyone discern any meaning for my loss?

Saving for a P4 Pro now I guess :/

Thanks.

Andy

Attachments

• Flight Log.jpg
    Flight Log.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 338
Nothing seems to be amiss. Were you commanding the bird to decend at 7 min? Can't see a lot of details on the map, but there doesn't appear to be any structures to interfere either by blocking signal or snagging the bird. With such an abrupt disconnect, I would suspect that the battery may have popped out! If so, the bird should be very close to where it was last shown on the map. Which appears to be right in the middle of a river. Ugh!

Yeah, it was the abrupt end to the file at 7:25 is what me think that the battery popped out. Anything else such as a bird strike or prop lose and the file would have continued until the bird hit the water.

You all got to be kidding. "Battery piped out".
How can that happen? My P3S battery has a VERY tight fit. Besides, as everyone knows it latches when inserted.

You all got to be kidding. "Battery piped out".
How can that happen? My P3S battery has a VERY tight fit. Besides, as everyone knows it latches when inserted.
It is just a "possible" explanation Frank. Please feel free to insert your own explanation here.
I would agree that a power failure or some kind or electrical failure like a poor connection caused this loss but a battery popping out, I would be very doughtful.

I would agree that a power failure or some kind or electrical failure like a poor connection caused this loss but a battery popping out, I would be very doughtful.
It would be a first for me (the battery 'clicked' in as it always does). Sad that whatever went down occurred over the river.

OK so I invested in a gold plan over at Airdata to take a peek at the battery stats.
Battery 2 was flagging way more deviations. Guess which battery was in use on the day? :/
XjPGv

Further evidence of a possible cause?

Image link as it does not want to show here: Battery 2 RIP

Looks like that battery has had over 120 flights. I wonder how many flights a battery can be expected to be reliable for? I know it depends how well the battery has been taken care of properly but what would the average # be. I can probably find out researching the forum but to lazy.;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4