Help to config Lightbridge Channel!

Reaction score
Hello guys! I'm from Brazil your help with the Lightbridge .. I'm having a lot of noise in the picture even with the very small distance .. today I made a flight of 100 meters and the image was all blurry .. sometimes even disappeared .. I tried to change channels and put on auto .. and nothing worked .. can anyone help me?

andrewichmann said:
Hello guys! I'm from Brazil your help with the Lightbridge .. I'm having a lot of noise in the picture even with the very small distance .. today I made a flight of 100 meters and the image was all blurry .. sometimes even disappeared .. I tried to change channels and put on auto .. and nothing worked .. can anyone help me?

Make sure you use the "paddle" antennas (they are a small flat piece instead of a wire on the end), make sure they are not crossed and place them on opposite sides and front/back from each other (i.e. right side read and left side front as you face the front of the bird) and make sure to keep them as far as possible away from the compass. Also, on the ground unit try to ensure the antennas are pointing up and at approximately a 45 degree angle from one another. Also make sure all of your cables are firmly engaged in their receptacles and kept away as well as possible from other cables. Make sure the old receiver in the bird is unplugged completely, they don't really show this in their video instructions but both cables to the old receiver inside should be removed completely (I prefer to remove the receiver entirely but it's not necessary).

Hope it help! Once it works you will be amazed at how well it does work and for very long distances. Good luck :)

spudraleigh said:
andrewichmann said:

Make sure you use the "paddle" antennas (they are a small flat piece instead of a wire on the end), make sure they are not crossed and place them on opposite sides and front/back from each other (i.e. right side read and left side front as you face the front of the bird) and make sure to keep them as far as possible away from the compass. Also, on the ground unit try to ensure the antennas are pointing up and at approximately a 45 degree angle from one another. Also make sure all of your cables are firmly engaged in their receptacles and kept away as well as possible from other cables. Make sure the old receiver in the bird is unplugged completely, they don't really show this in their video instructions but both cables to the old receiver inside should be removed completely (I prefer to remove the receiver entirely but it's not necessary).

Hope it help! Once it works you will be amazed at how well it does work and for very long distances. Good luck :)

Perfect, is attached photos of how I installed the before and the ground system, you think I should do some modification?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 619
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    965.3 KB · Views: 639
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    981 KB · Views: 627
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    998.4 KB · Views: 576
Try placing the antennas vertically along the landing skids instead of horizontally .
You can check pictures here of what I mean
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2160819

I don't have lightbridge but thinking of getting one together with the P2V for my GoPro4.
Would love to hear back from you on flight times etc. once you have the downlink figured.

Luap said:
Try placing the antennas vertically along the landing skids instead of horizontally .
You can check pictures here of what I mean
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2160819

I don't have lightbridge but thinking of getting one together with the P2V for my GoPro4.
Would love to hear back from you on flight times etc. once you have the downlink figured.

Agree completely on the antenna config! Really important to get max range out of it. I have found the LB range to be exceptional. Not sure on the actual distance but I have never lost control or video signal when on long FPV flights ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl