HELP! There is one engine that never lets the prop off!

Reaction score
Hi all! One of my props does not come off - it has happened before, and the metal of the engine I grip with the tool is now torn out of shape a bit on a few bars. But it still never comes off?! 3 come off fine - but this one black one never comes out. I have got it off once before - and it then went on fine and off fine, but i think leaving it on for long period of time is making it jam?
please help

Hi all! One of my props does not come off - it has happened before, and the metal of the engine I grip with the tool is now torn out of shape a bit on a few bars. But it still never comes off?! 3 come off fine - but this one black one never comes out. I have got it off once before - and it then went on fine and off fine, but i think leaving it on for long period of time is making it jam?
please help

If those are dji stock props the hubs are plastic and you may a problem with the motor over heating and melting the hub on the shaft. If the motor is over heating change it. The only other answer is you are over tightening the prop either putting on or taking it off.

Reactions: Baldrick
I think you better read your manual again to see if it goes clockwise or counterclockwise before you hurt yourself or kill someone!

I think you better read your manual again to see if it goes clockwise or counterclockwise before you hurt yourself or kill someone!

The props on the P2 line of quads can only go on in one direction in either CW or CCW and cannot be forced onto the wrong motor

SERIOUSLY? I mean it physically won't come off. It is jammed. They all come off easily with fingers, but this one not. It is an ongoing problem - I once DID FINALLY get it off, by which time some of the engine's softer metal was ripped/dented slightly (no issue but bad looks) due to the tool. My brother and I finally it off. And changed prop and it seemed to work fine. Now several flights later it has fused back again. I doubt I will be able to get it off this time. It is not me being incompetent, it is a equipment issue. I have learnt the lesson: Take off props between flights. Would WD-40 work? How best to get it off???

SERIOUSLY? I mean it physically won't come off. It is jammed. They all come off easily with fingers, but this one not. It is an ongoing problem - I once DID FINALLY get it off, by which time some of the engine's softer metal was ripped/dented slightly (no issue but bad looks) due to the tool. My brother and I finally it off. And changed prop and it seemed to work fine. Now several flights later it has fused back again. I doubt I will be able to get it off this time. It is not me being incompetent, it is a equipment issue. I have learnt the lesson: Take off props between flights. Would WD-40 work? How best to get it off???

I truly believe that motor is over heating causing the problem as the hub is made of plastic. If it were me I'd change the motor.

Hmm sounds all a bit complex....

I do not know why you think it's complex if the motor shaft gets hot enough it can and will melt plastic and the prop hubs are made of that material.

No I understand the issue - just not how to change a motor.

Guess the first thing I would do would be fly the P2 then check to see how hot the motor is getting compared to the others. Changing the motor is no big deal just make sure you solder the three wires back in the same order you took them out. The order of the ccw motor wires are black, yellow and orange while the cw motors are black, orange and yellow like in this photo.
IMG_0016.jpg

Guess the first thing I would do would be fly the P2 then check to see how hot the motor is getting compared to the others. Changing the motor is no big deal just make sure you solder the three wires back in the same order you took them out. The order of the ccw motor wires are black, yellow and orange while the cw motors are black, orange and yellow like in this photo.
View attachment 36691
Great thank you, I shall check this and report back.

Great thank you, I shall check this and report back.

I just checked the hub insert and they are not plastic but aluminum but check the the motor for excessive heat any way. Seems unlikely you are jamming that one down since the others come off easily. Still think it's heat related.

I just checked the hub insert and they are not plastic but aluminum but check the the motor for excessive heat any way. Seems unlikely you are jamming that one down since the others come off easily. Still think it's heat related.
Ah ok I think you must be right - haven't had an opportunity to test yet (weather is awful!) but i will - shall report back then. In the meantime, (to hijack my own thread a bit) where would you advise buying an engine? (I'm in the UK) Any good Amazon links or websites?

Ah ok I think you must be right - haven't had an opportunity to test yet (weather is awful!) but i will - shall report back then. In the meantime, (to hijack my own thread a bit) where would you advise buying an engine? (I'm in the UK) Any good Amazon links or websites?

First you need to know which motors you have. The P2 v1 used 2212 motors and the P2 v2 used 2312 motors. To tell the difference between them take off the prop with the black hub if it has a black dot on the top of the shaft its a 2212 and if the shaft is completely black it's a 2312 motor. So all you need now is which motor is the cw or the ccw that you need. You can find both motors on ebay uk I already checked

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl