HELP: Testing P1 on ground, full throttle staying on??

Reaction score
Hey guys, when you test and hold your Phantom on the ground and full throttle it for 4+ seconds, does the throttle stay on and not return to idle?

Mine will return to idle at all speeds unless I hold the throttle on full for 4+ seconds.

Is this normal or does mine have an issue which caused my flyaway as seen in the video below?

Doesn't matter if it's the P1, P2 P3 or P4, just curious as to if this is normal.
I've done a controller and IMU calibration and all that already, still having the issue.

when you say idle, do you mean hovering? this does not look normal at all i have owned a P1 and P4 and this looks really bad

when you say idle, do you mean hovering? this does not look normal at all i have owned a P1 and P4 and this looks really bad

I am testing it while holding it on the ground, so I don't mean "hover". By "idle" I mean when you let go of the throttle while the drone is on the ground, the props are still spinning, but slow enough to keep it on the ground. Idling before taking off.

Yes the props spin while it is armed at idle on the ground.
If you give it throttle and it doesnt sense any altitude increase and you release the throttle it will go back to idle like it was when you armed it.
If it senses altitude has increased it will maintain enough throttle to hold its altitude when you release the throttle.

Do your ground testing without props. Your fingers will thank you.

You might be in manual mode. I think you probably are, actually. Look up how to switch into GPS mode. When you tilt it, do the motor speeds change?

Do your ground testing without props. Your fingers will thank you.

Thanks for the tip instead of losing a tip! I did my first test with props off, but wanted to see if it made any difference.

Not in manual mode, I'm an experienced pilot and know manual mode very well. It's blinking green indicating it's in gps mode. If I tilt it, the motors will try to balance it back out.

Everything seems fine until maximum throttle is held for 4+ seconds. I'm scared to test in the sky for this reason.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav