Help - Technical Problem

Reaction score
The other day I accidentally dropped my DJI Phantom 4 Pro carrying box on it's side from about 5 feet up. It didn't hit hard so I had no immediate concerns. Yesterday when I went out to fly my drone it began by powering up as normal and then I got two solid red lights on the left (battery facing me and camera pointing away) and a loud continuous beeping noise and the lights on the right don't do anything. In the app I get the messages Gimbal Motor Overload and Gimbal Can't Recieve Main Control Data. I spoke with a customer service rep at DJI (they weren't very helpful) and they said to try to an IMU calibration but I can't because I get the message disconnected.

Finally, I requested a repair from DJI and I am waiting on the label to ship it away for service, but if there is something I am missing that would fix the issue without having to do that it would be great. I hate to have to wait several weeks to be able to fly again.

Thanks

There have been videos online of people having bump accidents and dismantling and banging the IMU to get them unstuck. I suspect a good jolt may put the IMU internals into a stuck position and the things just won't work or calibrate. I was suspicious of all the P4 Pros that had IMU issues right out of the boxes when new and maybe from rough handling.

Once it comes back, watch your delivery guy so he doesn't toss it from the truck to your steps or over a fence. I order expensive paper for printing and once a corner gets dinged, the box and paper is pretty much damaged beyond use - and good luck with claims too. I've had better luck with the USPS in their smaller mail trucks where stuff doesn't get tossed 20 feet on loading or fall off the shelves on corners as in the larger ones. Some drivers like to kick stuff out of the way in the large ones floors while searching too.

Good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik