Help sought with Hero4 4K workflow

If you need to shoot 4K, you'll need a different lens to get rid of the fish eye. You'll lose a lot if you do it in post. Be careful of the differences between H3 and H4 lenses and IR cut filters.

I use Premiere Pro CC and in the Presets section, there is a distortion correction for most action cams. Pick your camera and apply that on your video. With regards to grading, you really have to learn how to do it. Start with the built in tools.. Fast Color Corrector, Three Way Color Corrector, and more..

If you're using final cut pro X or Premiere Pro and After Effects download Core Melt's Lock and Load plugin (free trial that will work after trial ends).

If you have Photoshop, which does a great job at video. You can use it's lens correction to fix video as well

You can always use GoPro Studio (free and comes with your gopro) to remove fisheye but now you have a second step which adds a lot more time

I purchased the H4 so I could shoot in 4K and have been seeing non-distorted, 4K footage online. Have I been duped? :) If so, I'll return it and stay with the H3.

Ian, can you be more specific? I've never used an IR filter with my GoPro (only on my RED).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers