Help SJ4000

Reaction score
Just connected a newly purchased SJ4000 to an Immerison TX but find the camera has to be set in "TV Out ON" mode to have video TX. Problem is when I switch off the SJ4000 reverts to "TV Out off" mode what have I done wrong as this is a pain with SJ4000 mounted on a Gimbal.

Yes that is right,it's a pain . I used mine about twice .
I use a mini cam mounted to the gimbal ,it moves with the gimbal so I can see what I'm recording.
I don't like all the info on the screen either. Gets in the way of the Osd.
I use this one
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=64499

Hey Fuji, take heart, you've done nothing wrong. I researched the SJ4000 thoroughly before I scored mine and this was the only thing I didn't like. So yes, you do have to enable TV OUT to ON each time and you can record and TV OUT at the same time. Considering the cost of this little jewel compared to the GoPros, I'll take this one inconvenience. BTW, did you know you can power the cam with 5v through the micro USB cable and drop the battery. Saves a few grams...

Tallyrver said:
I don't like all the info on the screen either. Gets in the way of the Osd

Hey Tallyrver, I didn't like the SJ OSD either, but if you flash the firmware to N2014110729V02, it will allow you to disable OSD from the cam. Then all you get is your telemetry on a clean screen.

Hi all thanks for confirming my situation and yes I was aware of the 5v ability. I am using the Walkera G-2D gimbal and so you can't easily see the display to select TV OUT before flight with cam mounted. Perhaps in later firmware we can get this TV Out as fixed on/off but with the Cam screen still on.

Fuji-Flyer said:
Just connected a newly purchased SJ4000 to an Immerison TX but find the camera has to be set in "TV Out ON" mode to have video TX. Problem is when I switch off the SJ4000 reverts to "TV Out off" mode what have I done wrong as this is a pain with SJ4000 mounted on a Gimbal.

Hey, which cable are you using from Camera to immersin TX? Have a link? Thanks

junanoc, here is the description, purchased on UK eBay (USB to AV out Cable for SJ4000 Action Sport Mini DV Camera for FPV UK SELLER) had to strip back the insulation as it was interfering with gimbal.

Tallyrver said:
I use a mini cam mounted to the gimbal ,it moves with the gimbal so I can see what I'm recording.
I use this one
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=64499]

Hey Tallyrver,
You got sample videos from that little cam you'd like to share? It look like something I might be interested in. It's certainly cheap enough. Also, what video transmitter is that?
TIA
BOT

I'll see if I can take a video today,I'm working on my Goodluckbuy s Osd module.
I have two transmitters ,a 1.3 ghz 1500 mw unit and a 2.4 Immersion 700 mw . I have the Immersion hooked up now. I had the 1.3 ghz on the Phantom for a while,I think it was too powerful and too close to the Phantoms reciever and caused a few return to home issues at about a 1/4 mile. Very strong video though. I tried the 2.4 at the same distance and did not have any problems, video was not as good. At 1/4 mile I couldn't see the Phantom ,so that's far enough .

Wayne

Tallyrver said:
I'll see if I can take a video today,I'm working on my Goodluckbuy s Osd module.
I have two transmitters ,a 1.3 ghz 1500 mw unit and a 2.4 Immersion 700 mw . I have the Immersion hooked up now. I had the 1.3 ghz on the Phantom for a while,I think it was too powerful and too close to the Phantoms reciever and caused a few return to home issues at about a 1/4 mile. Very strong video though. I tried the 2.4 at the same distance and did not have any problems, video was not as good. At 1/4 mile I couldn't see the Phantom ,so that's far enough .

Wayne

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdFebYjDUF4[/youtube]

Tallyrver said:
Tallyrver said:

Wayne

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdFebYjDUF4[/youtube]

Thanks Tallyrver! Much appreciated and it helps. I'm going to go ahead and get one. I like the idea of using it as a spotting cam for my SJ5000+.
BOT

Thanks Tallyrver! Much appreciated and it helps. I'm going to go ahead and get one. I like the idea of using it as a spotting cam for my SJ5000+.
BOT
I am about to purchase a sj5000+ and I was under the impression that it was able to record and transmit fpv at the same time. Is that true in your case?

I am about to purchase a sj5000+ and I was under the impression that it was able to record and transmit fpv at the same time. Is that true in your case?
The SJ4000 will stream with wifi or if you use a special USB video out cord while recording. The hard part with using the USB video out is you have to change it to TV mode every time you power it on . I much prefer a second FPV camera . Look at post 2 on this thread. This is what I use. With the camera mounted to the gimbal motor I can see what I'm recording with the S J.
Wayne

I use this one
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=64499

Where did u get that huge lense for your cam? Or is that a cover? Or both

dji phantom fc40
ardrone2 mod 4 telemetry+fpv
tplinkwr703+sunhans 2.5w and alpha 7dbi panel antenna for wifi boost
based in new jersey US

Where did u get that huge lense for your cam? Or is that a cover? Or both

dji phantom fc40
ardrone2 mod 4 telemetry+fpv
tplinkwr703+sunhans 2.5w and alpha 7dbi panel antenna for wifi boost
based in new jersey US
That's a Nd filter. helps with jello caused by the shutter in the camera.
Not an exact fit because it's made for a GoPro ,but with a couple wraps with some tape it fits great. With our hobby a little tape goes a long way...
http://polarprofilters.com/shop/neutral-density-frame-filter-hero33

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.